Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

any good interior shops????

Old 11-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation
Default any good interior shops????

ok i want to put an integra dash in my EF i was wondering if anyone knew of a place that could possibly make custom door panels for what i wanna do. I will most likely do it but i would like to keep my car clean looking with the door panels. Any help would be appreciated.

-Chris
Old 11-12-2004, 06:33 PM
JDM tuner

businessspice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: any good interior shops????

I hear ya Chris, I tried getting an all custom fiberglass interior but after months of looking there is no one nearby that has that type of experience and craftsmanship to get true quality. I would throw this question in the air when stopping in at a parking lot filled with neons and old camaros and trucks with rust and they all said they had a friend that works out of his mothers garage that does great work, but I don't quite think that was what I was looking for. I talked to most of the interior shops and even body shops listed in the phone book to see if they knew anyone and they couldn't point me in the direction of anyone. There was a Celica at the Super Tuner Show that had a 350Z headlight conversion and a completely custom fiberglassed interior. I wanted to ask him where he got his done but could never find him, rumor had it that he spent over $30,000 on the complete interior (including gadgets and TV's, etc.) so figure $15k - $20k for a cusotm one-off interior ... that's alot of money. I wasn't going to go show or too ricey with mine but have a custom leather interior made to eventually change the car into more of a high quality factory look. If you come across someone please let me know. Don't settle for the 18 year old working out of his mom's garage if your'e looking for quality, you need the experience and facilities for HIGH QUALITY interior work.

Originally Posted by streetsk8er757
ok i want to put an integra dash in my EF i was wondering if anyone knew of a place that could possibly make custom door panels for what i wanna do. I will most likely do it but i would like to keep my car clean looking with the door panels. Any help would be appreciated.

-Chris
Old 11-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation
Default Re: any good interior shops????

im lookin for something that will give me the look of a stock interior. Just need the door panels for now so it will look decent. I heard that lee's upholstery in newport news might be able to do something for me but i havent called them yet. Ill let u know if i hear about the quality of there work