Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Another speeding ticket question??

Old 08-09-2006, 04:25 AM
I love WaWa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul
Default Re: Another speeding ticket question??

Originally Posted by ViolentDoctor
i got out of my speeding ticket asking when was the last time they calibrated their gun and what fork they used to tune it...

the officer didnt have the records to make a point on the last time he calibrated it.

but i dont know if that will work in your favor... but good luck
This ladies and gentlemen is what is referred to as an "urban myth."

You should tell us about the time you met a black woman with twin sons named "oranjello and lemonjello"
Old 08-09-2006, 04:30 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by Bustadust
just spend the money to take the driving improvement course before the court date..it gives u +5 points on your record gauranteed if u go voluntarily..also get your gauge calibrated..they will etheir give u 6 months probation(meaning after 6 months its completely off your record) or just dismiss it all together..but make sure u atleast take the improvement course before the judge says because u will get 5 points to your record..and get a dmv copy of your record as well and show the judge. make sure u get a copy showing the +5
Well if he's never gotten a ticket before, he probably already has postive points. Since the highest point total you can have is +5, he wouldn't be gaining that much.

Do not go before hand. Offer going to driving school as your "punishment".
Old 08-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Hodo has disabled reputation

Let me get this straight you were going 65-70MPH in a 60mph zone a SUV passes you at a much higher rate of speed swerves off the the interstate when a State Troop clocks him with the radar and the cop stops you and says you were going 78mph.

Hmm sounds like a Officer Andujar thing. He patrols that area and he is a REAL prick. But you would be too if you were forced to drive a newer Impalla aroud all day.

Get a lawyer, thats my first bit of advice. Secondly all this about getting your speedometer calibrated and such wont work at those speeds the officer says he got you at. Why because on average a speedometer thats found to be out of calibration is around 2-6% and 6% of 78 is well not enough to make you legal.

Good luck.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
Well if he's never gotten a ticket before, he probably already has postive points. Since the highest point total you can have is +5, he wouldn't be gaining that much.

Do not go before hand. Offer going to driving school as your "punishment".
accutally you start off with 0 points.....+5 is considered excellent(you can only get +5 if u go VOLUNTARILY)....anything negative is self explanatory...and going as punishment is stupid..because then you dont get the +5 points to soften the blow..softening the blow helps out in many ways...helps insurance reasons, and helps for legal reasons..
going in as your punishment is stupid when you can go ahead and get it out the way, the judge will see you as responsible and most likely cut you a probation deal(highly likely if u never been in trouble AND YOU SHOW THEM YOUR RECORD). THE JUDGE DOES NOT HAVE YOUR RECORD ON HAND. just show the judge your driving card, and your newly printed out driving record by dmv, and show the judge a reciept of the date you went into driving school. admit to guilt. arguing with cop or judge= failure
Old 08-12-2006, 01:24 AM
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

Originally Posted by Bustadust
accutally you start off with 0 points.....+5 is considered excellent(you can only get +5 if u go VOLUNTARILY)....anything negative is self explanatory...and going as punishment is stupid..because then you dont get the +5 points to soften the blow..softening the blow helps out in many ways...helps insurance reasons, and helps for legal reasons..
going in as your punishment is stupid when you can go ahead and get it out the way, the judge will see you as responsible and most likely cut you a probation deal(highly likely if u never been in trouble AND YOU SHOW THEM YOUR RECORD). THE JUDGE DOES NOT HAVE YOUR RECORD ON HAND. just show the judge your driving card, and your newly printed out driving record by dmv, and show the judge a reciept of the date you went into driving school. admit to guilt. arguing with cop or judge= failure
The judge will when the Trooper hands it to him.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR
The judge will when the Trooper hands it to him.
the troopers always pull that stuff up. if there's nothing there then he won't print it, he'll just tell the judge you have no priors.
and those of you that believe the "rain theory" or the "tuning fork" or "the radar takes a pic of you" or "he has to show the gun to you" or "radar can't lock onto a bike" or "they have to give you the first 5 miles"...... the list goes on and on. Driver's ed wasn't but a yr or two back for you, it should still be fresh in your heads. Good luck feeding it to the judge, cause he ain't buying it.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:36 AM
carebearreps

pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0

Just pay the ticket.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve

ah i never did put into the factor that this is a state trooper...i only dealt with city cops..city cops never print that out..atleast for me