Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

At It Again

Old 03-27-2008, 01:13 PM
$Level$

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich
Default Re: At It Again

I'm about ready to reach way down and sock you in the left eye..........real hard. The people that bought in the last three years are the ones not seeing the big inflammatory (pun) equity bubble. It is an absolute awesome time to buy..............you could always rent the place out if you decide to move elsewhere. If you are not totally sure you want to remain in this area............save up your cabbage. A new car purchase is not the smartest move if you are thinking about a home in the near future. Time to wear the big boy undies.

Or forget about my advice and save up for a new R8.......you and your girl could easily live in it with room to spare. ;-)
Old 03-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

Originally Posted by Jay
save up for the house bud.... wherever that may be.
Yup.. I agree whole heartedly... It sucks not buying that car you really want.. But I bought my house 3 years ago.. and it's worth damn near 100k more now than I bought it.. Having a baller car is nice.. But coming home.. sitting in your own chair in your own house is much nicer..

But then again I'm just a stupid grease monkey/civic owner.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

I'm gonna own my Civic for a while because I just got my finance papers today for my new house.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:21 PM
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DoingOK
I'm about ready to reach way down and sock you in the left eye..........real hard. The people that bought in the last three years are the ones not seeing the big inflammatory (pun) equity bubble. It is an absolute awesome time to buy..............you could always rent the place out if you decide to move elsewhere. If you are not totally sure you want to remain in this area............save up your cabbage. A new car purchase is not the smartest move if you are thinking about a home in the near future. Time to wear the big boy undies.
Is that a threat old man?!? lol

I do see what you are getting at and truly appreciate the advise. Personally I would rather not buy a house, knowing that in a couple of months there is a huge possibility that I would be moving out of the area - not even with idea of renting it out.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:22 PM
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ritz
I'm gonna own my Civic for a while because I just got my finance papers today for my new house.
.. but you have mentioned in previous conversation that you have a huge intent to stay in this area, correct?

That's the thing with me, while no more than 3 months ago I had every intention on finalizing the purchase of a home... lately I've really been wanting to get out of this area. It's Blah's fault ...
Old 03-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Originally Posted by Black Nugget
.. but you have mentioned in previous conversation that you have a huge intent to stay in this area, correct?

That's the thing with me, while no more than 3 months ago I had every intention on finalizing the purchase of a home... lately I've really been wanting to get out of this area. It's Blah's fault ...
You are correct. Honestly Chad, that wasn't directed at you. It was directed more towards Dave because he said "Civic owner" at the end of his post.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:27 PM
round ii

Originally Posted by Jay
save up for the house bud.... wherever that may be.
Not trying to argue with you Jay, just asking for a bit more details on your response.

By what you are saying, I should really keep driving the Integra. When the time comes, if ever and I decide to move out of the Hampton Roads area I should simply pack up the Integra and move? When I get to the new area, keep driving the Integra as my daily, saving up the money that I would be spending on a new car. Then, buy a home there once I get settled in and am sure that it's a place I want to live in? .. or, if I decide not to go, keep saving that money and drive the Integra and buy a house out here once I find one that suits me?
Old 03-27-2008, 01:29 PM
round ii

Originally Posted by ritz
You are correct. Honestly Chad, that wasn't directed at you. It was directed more towards Dave because he said "Civic owner" at the end of his post.
Oh, yeah I know and was just asking. Even though I might be the Moderator Asshole who loves to ban people, I hope no one gets the feeling as if I'm trying to be argumentative in this thread. I'm simply asking everyone's advice on the entire situation and looking for helpful opinions.
Ultimately the decision will be mine, but it's food for thought.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

you need a c5 z06 or c6 z06 chad stop with the imports
Old 03-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

I swear..

Drive your little LS and save your money for a house; cars can be bought later on in life.