Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

2JZ S2000... Thoughts...

Old 09-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ludeluva has disabled reputation
Question 2JZ S2000... Thoughts...

Okay, well in the debates of keeping my car, I decided that more than likely its going to stay with me irregardless of my reckless driving ticket.. Ive been looking around and I came across a site that sells full JDM 2JZ-GTE swaps for $6,999.99 + shipping/handling... At this point in the game, I am almost 10k into my car, and I know ALOT of the parts I have purchased wont be of any need, which I will more than likely sell for pennies on the dollar compared to what I paid for them... Anyhow, that isnt of concern, my concern is doing this 2JZ swap into my S2K... Any thoughts, concerns? Thanks! Also, Im not quite sure what all is needed to complete the swap, but a few people here in Manassas told me that for 15k they do the entire swap(purchase the motor and all the accessories and install it, ready to drive)... Is there anything else I could purchase besides the swap to try and lower the cost of the swap?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve
Default Re: 2JZ S2000... Thoughts...

15K for a 2jz swap? That's cheap! Do it!

BTW: What shop in Manassas gave you that quote?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:05 AM
I love WaWa

Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul

Someone already did this. It was retarded then too.
DayCrew© Dude

Johnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ludeluva
Okay, well in the debates of keeping my car, I decided that more than likely its going to stay with me irregardless of my reckless driving ticket.. Ive been looking around and I came across a site that sells full JDM 2JZ-GTE swaps for $6,999.99 + shipping/handling... At this point in the game, I am almost 10k into my car, and I know ALOT of the parts I have purchased wont be of any need, which I will more than likely sell for pennies on the dollar compared to what I paid for them... Anyhow, that isnt of concern, my concern is doing this 2JZ swap into my S2K... Any thoughts, concerns? Thanks! Also, Im not quite sure what all is needed to complete the swap, but a few people here in Manassas told me that for 15k they do the entire swap(purchase the motor and all the accessories and install it, ready to drive)... Is there anything else I could purchase besides the swap to try and lower the cost of the swap?
Not a word.

You gonna buy stuff for your car and then return it back again?
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

for all that money, why not just purchase a supra?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:08 AM
I Sell Tires

Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel

2jz no shit!
Old 09-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Got any more nudez of your chick? I think I've seen her trolling around Manassas.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

ludeluva has disabled reputation

JNY, Im not here to start shit, it was a fucking question. Why the fuck do you care do you care about what I do with my parts. If I want to Ill throw them in the fucking trash like I did to your mom when I was done with her. AyJay, b/c I like the thoughts of a 2jz in a s2k, sleeper status. P Tuning gave me that quote. 8k if I had the full swap and just needed it installed and other random parts =\
Old 09-03-2008, 10:12 AM

EGAS has disabled reputation

Even the guy that completed the swap said there was traction problems. As well many little things that need to be done. Not to be like the common word spread, but why not build and boost the motor?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:15 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by ludeluva
AyJay, b/c I like the thoughts of a 2jz in a s2k, sleeper status. P Tuning gave me that quote. 8k if I had the full swap and just needed it installed and other random parts =\
You know what else is sleeper? A supercharger or a turbo with a quiet diverter valve. Could probably save yourself a calm 10k also. Here's a picture of my 2jz swap with a shot of nas. (old but still fun to use).

Quick Reply: 2JZ S2000... Thoughts...