Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

2500 dually with no brakes going downhill vs. Porsche 944, and the winner is...(pics)

Old 08-06-2007, 04:10 AM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: 2500 dually with no brakes going downhill vs. Porsche 944, and the winner is...(p

Wow man... dead porsche... but you're still sexy as ever on that body board. Seems like a legit accident... good that the guy in the truck was doing all he could to minimize the damages.

Would make me a bit less angry than some moron or some drunk blowing the light.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:36 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts
Default Re: 2500 dually with no brakes going downhill vs. Porsche 944, and the winner is...(p

Originally Posted by Royalty
Thank you.
So your saying in the event of brake failure one should aim to "momentum brake" using a car instead of attempting a sideways skid or even putting in in N and finding a gaurd rail or grass.

Call me biased but I cant justify plowing into someone, but hey, maybe that just me.
I'd rather take a chance at going through an intersection and hitting nothing than plowing into stopped cars. If you weren't in your position you might be able to see his side as well. Sorry your car's dead and you were injured, but I can see why he did what he did.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:40 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Glad you're ok, however I never want to be in a car with or near you...

Nothing personal
Old 08-06-2007, 04:41 AM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Thank you.
So your saying in the event of brake failure one should aim to "momentum brake" using a car instead of attempting a sideways skid or even putting in in N and finding a gaurd rail or grass.

Call me biased but I cant justify plowing into someone, but hey, maybe that just me.
First off, I'm glad to hear that you and your mom came out ok. Things could have been much worse.

The situation sucks and I'm sure that the other driver feels bad about it, but it seems like he did what he could do. As mentioned earlier, putting it in neutral will only make the truck move faster (your pic shows a slight hill, making it even worse). Attempting a sideways skid will result in a rollover, meaning a loss of control and possibly involving even more vehicles. Your pics do not show anything that could safely scrub off speed (grass or guard rail) so that is ruled out also. The only thing left was to run the light and hope that the other drivers see him. I've been there...I've had to run a light hanging on the air horn and flashing my lights in a much larger truck due to ice in my brake lines.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Luxury = Love

Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty

I Just got hit by a speeding truck, for some reason none of that makes any sense to me.

Like I said, call me biased.

Thanks for your support guys, we all hate it when things like this happen
Old 08-06-2007, 06:11 AM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

umm Dude, you called your Dad sexy???... WTF
Old 08-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Luxury = Love

Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty

Hell yea i did.
Im a sexy bitch and since I'm his son it's only fitting that he is sexy too.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:06 PM
3.5 Yo for the Go Go

B_Ryte_Back is an unknown quantity at this point

Hell yea i did.
Im a sexy bitch and since I'm his son it's only fitting that he is sexy too.
lol sob

glad you were blessed in this, and God delivered you from harm. Give moms my blessings. Ill be back in the 757, but playa, whatever we go do...either I or the new dude drive...No no, dont thank me, dont think of it as a favor....

its our pleasuuuure <---CHanelling Pops

glad your alright homie.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Works on S2000's.

C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory

Originally Posted by B_Ryte_Back
lol sob

glad you were blessed in this, and God delivered you from harm. Give moms my blessings. Ill be back in the 757, but playa, whatever we go do...either I or the new dude drive...No no, dont thank me, dont think of it as a favor....

its our pleasuuuure <---CHanelling Pops

glad your alright homie.
Doug, no one in their right mind would ride with you. Better let the new guy drive.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:54 PM
3.5 Yo for the Go Go

B_Ryte_Back is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blaxican25
Arlo, I've come to the conclusion that you are just an unlucky bastard and just shouldn't drive anywhere.
hes not a bastard, his dads in that shirt picture