Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

2500 dually with no brakes going downhill vs. Porsche 944, and the winner is...(pics)

Old 08-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Luxury = Love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty
Unhappy 2500 dually with no brakes going downhill vs. Porsche 944, and the winner is...(pics)

Whelp fellas, it seems I'm out the game.

I'll just get to it....

PICS added what I add will be in red.

I was heading to my family reunion and having a nice time. Since we were all going to the same place some family members decided to carpool. My dad drove a few people and my mom rode with me. Everything was going fine until we came to the last turn before we got to the reunion.

The light turned green and all traffic on the other side came to a stop.
I proceed to turn and then I heard my mom scream. I look right and see a white blur then hear a loud crash. ( if you've ever been in a wreck, you know what sound I'm talking about) My car spins 45 degrees to the left; I see my hood bent up and steam pouring from my engine. I look to my right and check on my mom and then look to the left and see a Deputy pull up. I get out and see the truck wedged deep in a ditch lying on its driver side. I see my dad as he gets out of his car. He has this bewildered look on his face, He just saw his wife and son get creamed in his rear view mirror!

Crude artists’ rendition…

Why did he hit us, you ask? Well it seems his truck lost braking power coming down a hill and he was flying down the emergency lane to avoid traffic. The deputy said he saw the man driving erratically and was trying to catch up to him before he got to the intersection. I give him an “A” for effort.
The guy didn’t want to plow into the stopped cars in front of him so he made a go for the intersection.
Why didn’t he throw on the E-brake, or toss it into P, N or R I don’t know. Yes it would’ve blown his engine but I think that outcome would’ve been better than the alternative, trust me on that one.

Fortunately our injuries were minor. My back was killing me but they gave me Percocet and now I feel fantastic. This makes my 3rd non-fault accident I’ve had in 16 months I think its time for a H2.

Oh and I’d consider the accident a draw.

Edit: I’ll have pics up tomorrow.

Ok you can see how he lost it and went into the ditch. Dude crawled out of the passenger side window and was talking to us. I was kinda pissed so my conversations with him were minimal. No i did not take a picture of him.

Zoomed in a little

As I hobbled around I saw this and it seemed so sad

What of the car you say?

I likes to make a scene, look at all the traffic

My sexy dad in his flower shirt

What about me..

Talk about being precautions. I felt like Hannibal Lecter in that thing. I did feel safe though.

Last edited by Royalty; 08-05-2007 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:06 PM
XGP15A-II

J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX
Default Re: 2500 dually with no brakes going downhill vs. Porsche 944, and the winner is...(p

best described thread ever award

ninja edit: hows the porsche
Old 08-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Luxury = Love

Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty
Default Re: 2500 dually with no brakes going downhill vs. Porsche 944, and the winner is...(p

Originally Posted by J!NX
best described thread ever award

ninja edit: hows the porsche
Thank you and lets see

THis

+

this

=

Old 08-04-2007, 08:24 PM
XGP15A-II

J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX

Originally Posted by Royalty
Thank you and lets see

THis

+

this

=
fixed
Old 08-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Luxury = Love

haha, i didn't think of that. I need to call my lawyer on monday
Old 08-04-2007, 08:28 PM
has a huge dong

VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER

hahahaha, yep. nice description though. Can't wait to see pics, glad everyone is okay
Old 08-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Luxury = Love

Originally Posted by VB2NER
hahahaha, yep. nice description though. Can't wait to see pics, glad everyone is okay
Thank you. I hate shotty half ass stories with run on sentences no sequence of events or puncuation and horrible gramatikal errors
Old 08-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Works on S2000's.

C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory

Damn Arlo, you have a target on your cars or something. Hope all ends well.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Arlo,

From now on, take the bus.

Concerned Friend,
Matt
Old 08-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Uno Mas

p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone

Get an H1 instead of an H2 for double insurance