Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

03-04 Cobra Thinking about buying one

Old 06-07-2008, 04:49 AM
<3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz
Default Re: 03-04 Cobra Thinking about buying one

I need some Slobra in my life. Someone find me one for 20k
Old 06-07-2008, 07:12 AM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

I'd reccomend a terminator to anyone.

I love 'em
Old 06-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Banned

sshhbequiet can only hope to improve

ive got a lightning im trying to sell i had big plans for it but never really did anything to it. its still bone stock. but still pulls very hard. nice fast truck! let me know if you want pics
Old 06-07-2008, 12:06 PM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

How the hell do you run low 12's in a WRX for under $500? Nitrous?

And yeah, the 03's had a cooling issue with the No.7&8 cylinders at HIGH constant speeds and high hp numbers, but not with everyday use.

There isn't a car made that has never had a single problem with it. The majority of problems with any car are because of the owner/driver.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Roooooooosh!

jroush06 will become famous soon enoughjroush06 will become famous soon enough

Try this guy, he usually has a good bit of 03-04 cobras in stock. Some stock, some modded. Its about three hours from here.

www.hi-endauto.com

I agree with Jim, ive only had a few minor problems with mine. Its an 04.

Last edited by jroush06; 06-07-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

Grandmasterlarr has disabled reputation

my bro had an 03.. has 550 whp with just a whipple and a smaller polly... he could of made more but it would of required a new maf injectors and he just didnt wanan do that.... i got to drive it in stock form with just a smaller polly.. that car will slam you into the back of the seat like your launching in a rocket nothing i have driven feels the same after driving it... there fucking monsters...
Old 06-07-2008, 11:55 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Grandmasterlarr
my bro had an 03.. has 550 whp with just a whipple and a smaller polly... he could of made more but it would of required a new maf injectors and he just didnt wanan do that.... i got to drive it in stock form with just a smaller polly.. that car will slam you into the back of the seat like your launching in a rocket nothing i have driven feels the same after driving it... there fucking monsters...
And I call bullshit.

A Whipple with a smaller "pulley" would be around 600 or so. There is no way he was driving without a new MAF since the stock one craps out in the high 400s, new injectors since he would be running out at around 500 or so and you made no mention of either Focus/GT fuel pumps or a KB BAP since it's a well known fact that the fuel pumps aren't good after 500whp without extra help.

A Whipple with the stock pulley might make around 550 but the same rules apply with the fuel and MAF.

If you're trying to say that he was making 550 with the stock Eaton, then you're really full of shit. Stage V ported Eatons are toping out in the 530whp range and that's spinning the holy shit out of them with upper and lower pulley combinations that aren't good for street use. Same rules apply with the fuel system.

THe other reason you're full of shit is that after your "brother" spent about $3K to put a Whipple on his Cobra, he didn't want to spend the extra $800 or so to put on a new MAF, injectors and BAP to make sure its safe. That being the case, then the guy who tuned it was an asshole too since he gave you a car that either blew up or will blow up. '

YOu also point out that he "had" an 03 Cobra. This says to me that if he actually had the mods that you said, then he sold a fucked up car to someone.

The reality is that if he actually had an 03 Cobra (which I doubt) he might have had the stock Eaton with a smaller pulley (2.76/2.8) and might have been making between 450-470whp which is a far cry from 550.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:17 AM
Registered Member

wow you’re a fucking homo... your a fucking dumbass read what i wrote... not my car buddy I don’t know all the little finer points about it it might of been he didnt have the smaller polly on the whipple yeat because of the MAF and injecters, if you don’t believe me that’s your problem, that’s all I got to say I have everything to back up what I say but I’m not even going to deal with you... oh and he sold it because he bought a condo asshole its people like you that think they know everything that makes forums garbage...

and dont hate because some one has somthing better then you

Last edited by Grandmasterlarr; 06-08-2008 at 02:09 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:41 AM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

Originally Posted by Grandmasterlarr
wow you’re a fucking homo... your a fucking dumbass read what i wrote... not my car buddy I don’t know all the little finer points about it it might of been he didnt have the smaller polly on the whipple yeat because of the MAF and injecters, if you don’t believe me that’s your problem, that’s all I got to say I have everything to back up what I say but I’m not even going to deal with you... oh and he sold it because he bought a condo asshole its people like you that think they know everything that makes forums garbage...

and dont hate because some one has somthing better then you
Hello friend, you are an idiot.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by postban
Member of MCT Illadvised snake is making 550/500 SAE with stock fuel everything even injectors.
Just a whipple with stock lwr and 3.5.

Lidio from alternative tuned and declared it safe.

I was at a loss for words.

Pretty cool when you think about it.

Sounds risky to me! But I am the king of overkill sometime.

illadvisedsnake (my brother) quote from your own fucking froms

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ed#post3344686

heres his id and the car he had

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/member.php?u=17750

heres the forum of him selling it

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=393216

you should feel like a dumbass because i just put my foot deep into your ass, dont question what i say im not a lier and i dont talk shit all i wanted to do was help the good guy out here on his decision and you had to be a fucking forum fag thinking you know everything and aparently you dont know shit... sad you dont know shit about your own car... your a fag and wrong im done bye... other guy i dunno what your deal is but ill let it go.

Last edited by Grandmasterlarr; 06-08-2008 at 02:06 AM.

Quick Reply: 03-04 Cobra Thinking about buying one