Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Ripped Off?

Old 01-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Member is Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
efhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ripped Off?

Anyone know BAGGED4VA personally, his name is Walt Rodriguez.

He posted this thread: https://www.vadriven.com/forums/engine-exhaust-drivetrain-70/running-h22-swap-318274/

I have 2 receipts, one dated 11-22-2009 for a deposit of $100 to hold the motor.

the second receipt ishows that on December 15th i paid the remainder of $900 and a BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED 64GB Ipod Touch (Value of $400).

Walt told me that day (december 15th 2009) that he would hold the motor in his garage for me until i could arrange to transport it to my house in fredericksburg,va

3 weeks go by, we had the 2 feet of snow, and than christmas, and than a death in the family. I return this week and try to contact him. I see he had messaged me here on VAdriven on January 2nd 2010 asking when i could come get the motor.

I text him yesterday and he says that he no longer lives where he was living and the motor is no longer in his possession.

He gave me his new address and says he will be out of town until tuesday. He will answer SOME text messages but not answer my phone calls.

What should I do?

I will gladly pay someone to help me find this guy and get my money back.

James Boswell
Fredericksburg,VA

UPDATE: A Member on here pointed this thread out
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/show...18#post6006618

UPDATE: January 10, 2010 11:30pm: Spoke With Jay, CONFIRMED that WALT is his FRIEND and he says he bought it from Walt. Says he doesnt want to get in the middle of it..

So should I include Jay Holiday in this since he has my swap and is trying to sell it.

Last edited by efhatchlover; 01-10-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:35 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: Ripped Off

Go to his place on Tuesday
Old 01-10-2010, 07:35 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

wait until Tuesday, then follow up.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:37 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

What does he mean the engine is no longer in his possesion? Did he give it to someone else? I'd tell him you want your engine or your money+ipod back. If he can't deliver either than you can either A.) Kick his ass. or B.) Take him to small claims.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Member is Registered

efhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RandomTask
What does he mean the engine is no longer in his possesion? Did he give it to someone else? I'd tell him you want your engine or your money+ipod back. If he can't deliver either than you can either A.) Kick his ass. or B.) Take him to small claims.
thats what I dont understand...

you dont just leave a FULL h22A swap sitting in a garage when you move...and he never once told me he was moving.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Member is Registered

Default Re: Ripped Off?

He sent me a message saying he was coming back on Thursday now and will find a way to get the motor to me ASAP.

I see the thread a member hear sent me and it most surely looks exactly like the motor looked in and out of the car, and still chained to the rusted red hoist.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:29 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

so someone else has the motor you have paid for and is trying to sell it again???

what in the hell???
Old 01-10-2010, 07:34 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

it says in his thread that you had 2 weeks to pick it up...is that what you agreed on???

not saying its right but if thats whats on paper...no matter the snow storm/xmas/death(sorry for your loss) has any bearing on that...

i know it sucks...but
Old 01-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Team Dickbutt #13!!!

bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613

Originally Posted by nftuatn
so someone else has the motor you have paid for and is trying to sell it again???

what in the hell???
x2 what the hell? Have you try to call the guy who is re-selling your motor?
Old 01-10-2010, 07:35 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

and this was your post on the 14th

Originally Posted by efhatchlover
I told you i needed to get a truck, I was coming the next weekend but bank wouldnt allow me to take out all that cash at once (i should have checked before the weekend)...than i couldnt come the next weekend cause work and my son was sick, than i was coming to pay and pick it up later and got picked up in Tappahanock by the VaStatePolice for something real stupid....

We talk almost every other day, so there is plenty of communication, Im coming to get it tomorrow...if you dont want to sell it to me than let me know I will cancel my truck rental tomorrow and tell my job i can work.

I certainly wouldnt just hand someone $100 for nothing.

Quick Reply: Ripped Off?