Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Interest in New Shop

Old 07-04-2006, 06:01 AM
GTFO.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dobey has disabled reputation
Cool Interest in New Shop

Hey everyone,

I'm not in the area yet, but I'm very intersted in moving to the area and opening a customs shop of some sort. I was down in the area a few weeks ago, to check out the area, and I had a great time. Visited a few of the other shops in the area, to get a bit of a feel for the scene down there. I've been told, and saw in another thread on here, that people are somewhat unhappy with the quality and such at some of the existing shops in the area. I was also told that there's a need for a good interior shop in the area. Anyway, I thought I would join up on here and post to see what everyone thought. So what would you like to see in a new shop?

Also if anyone else in the area is interested in helping start a new shop with funding or other things, feel free to let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-- Rodney
Old 07-04-2006, 06:25 AM
"OG" TUNER"86-06

doughboy415 doughboy415 doughboy415 doughboy415 doughboy415 doughboy415
Default Re: Interest in New Shop

where are you thinking of opening this shop, and what will it cater to, the speed junkies(performance) or the custom crowd or little of both.I dont know where you are looking but everyones in VA BEACHor NORFOLK, you you checkout towards suffolk, you could definetely get the CAROLINA people and western tidewater people.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:44 AM
GTFO.

Originally Posted by doughboy415
where are you thinking of opening this shop, and what will it cater to, the speed junkies(performance) or the custom crowd or little of both.I dont know where you are looking but everyones in VA BEACHor NORFOLK, you you checkout towards suffolk, you could definetely get the CAROLINA people and western tidewater people.
I was looking at doing it in the Hampton/NN area. It would be catering to both performance and styling crowds.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:53 AM
Registered Member

biggentplayer has disabled reputation

we need another one here in hampton/NN not to many anymore and maybe help to lower prices. A nice shop for proformance parts as well as some show pieces like front lips, rims, and seats. Just my thought.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:07 AM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

Your going to have complaints no matter what you do, you wont be able to please everyone ... the same people that complain about local shops here now, will complain about yours ... if not others. Thats just how things go.

What shops did you visit while you were here?

Do you have any sort of experiacnce in doing performance or body or interior work? Besides putting a cold air intake on a honda
Old 07-04-2006, 07:09 AM
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX

ya, there's not shit here on the peninsula(except CCC), so something that could cater to performance and body modification in newport news/hampton would be a great.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:11 AM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

I'd say you wait it out and see how long the other new shops hold up.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:38 AM
GTFO.

Originally Posted by Broke Neck
Your going to have complaints no matter what you do, you wont be able to please everyone ... the same people that complain about local shops here now, will complain about yours ... if not others. Thats just how things go.

What shops did you visit while you were here?

Do you have any sort of experiacnce in doing performance or body or interior work? Besides putting a cold air intake on a honda
I'm not expecting to get no complaints at all. There's always someone in the crowd that's going to whine no matter what.

I scoped out Millenium, Flatlanders, and Squidley's. Didn't really talk to anyone there, just kind of peeked in to see what kind of work they were doing.

And as for having experience, yes, I have plenty. I've co-assembled a large number of big block chevy/pontiac drag motors. And thanks for the sarcasm, but I don't own a Honda, nor would I install a warm-air intake on one, and call it a cold-air, because it's a cone and looks racey. I've also wired up drag cars, and installed plenty of stereo equipment. I've not done any major interior reconstruction work yet, but am in the design phase of doing a fully custom interior in one of my cars. I'm also currently a computer programmer full-time for my day job, so I've no problems diving into the diagnostics/carpc/etc... stuff either. Basically, if anything can be done to a car, I'm the kind of person that could do it.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:49 AM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

$10 says your a noob talking out of your ass to get people to hang from your sack.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:06 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

interior shop sounds like a good idea.

Quick Reply: Interest in New Shop