Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Getting an apartment, need opinions.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:35 AM
05 Kawi ZX6R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ricer Rob has disabled reputation
Default Getting an apartment, need opinions.

I'm done with school and getting my own place finally, I've been looking around but half of the nicer looking apartments I've seen are "income restricted" and I make to much to live there even though half of them are nicer than the more pricey places.. Anyway I've been looking at St. Andrews apartments off of Denbigh blvd. They seem pretty nice and have a pretty fair price. Anyone lived there or known someone who did? Are they worth it?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Gettin it!!!

2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya
Default Re: Getting an apartment, need opinions.

Subscribed as I am in a similar situation.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Registered member

IrRelevant IrRelevant IrRelevant IrRelevant IrRelevant IrRelevant IrRelevant IrRelevant IrRelevant IrRelevant

Do yourselves a favor, dont throw away money renting. Buy you a home, this is the market for buyers that do not have to sell a home. Trust me, i just made a purchase. Just waiting on the final steps. Houses are not selling, you cen get them cheap, and if they are asking too much, with plenty of patience and dedication you can talk them down to sometimes under city assesment. Houses just arnt selling and listing agents are doing what they can to sell homes.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Gettin it!!!

2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya

I am having a kid in 3 days so I do not have the income at the moment since I will be the only person with a job. Now next December when my girl graduated will be a different story.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:15 PM
05 Kawi ZX6R

Ricer Rob has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by IrRelevant
Do yourselves a favor, dont throw away money renting. Buy you a home, this is the market for buyers that do not have to sell a home. Trust me, i just made a purchase. Just waiting on the final steps. Houses are not selling, you cen get them cheap, and if they are asking too much, with plenty of patience and dedication you can talk them down to sometimes under city assesment. Houses just arnt selling and listing agents are doing what they can to sell homes.
well I only make about 32k a year, still paying for school. An apartment just seems more practical for me, I gave the whole house thing some thought but after property taxes, utilitys not being included and me having to do any repairs myself the apartment just seemed cheaper in the end.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:19 PM
semicolonD.net

eclpsed eclpsed

Originally Posted by Ricer Rob
well I only make about 32k a year, still paying for school. An apartment just seems more practical for me, I gave the whole house thing some thought but after property taxes, utilitys not being included and me having to do any repairs myself the apartment just seemed cheaper in the end.
you'll be paying for the power/water/gas/cable etc anywhere you go... most apts do not offer these free anymore. they give 'free trash. aka you go dumb it your damnself.

if you cannot buy, i would go rent a house.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Everyone is so "Buy, don't rent" Yeah, buying builds equity, but a lot of times its just not financially feasible to do so. Not only do you have to pay for all your utilities (Garbage, Sewer, water, electricity, etc) but both the monetary and time amount you spend in maintaining a house can be extrordinary. So for some, it makes more sense to rent. That being said, I'm paying $1250 for a 3 bedroom off of magruder BLVD. This includes all utilities (less cable). In fact, they re-imburse you for the water portion of it you don't use (get around $150 back every six months)
Old 06-26-2008, 02:53 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Ricer Rob
Denbigh blvd.
If you wanna get shot.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:02 PM
miss my 2 wheels

brokemyR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eclpsed

if you cannot buy, i would go rent a house.
QFT. Same price or very close to most two bedroom apt's in the beach area.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:02 PM
On 2 now

T226 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by IrRelevant
Wrong, I work with realtors dealing with part of the home inspections and we have been busy doing them. Houses are selling again.

Quick Reply: Getting an apartment, need opinions.