Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone having trouble securing housing at ODU?

Old 08-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CrJenkins13 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone having trouble securing housing at ODU?

I went through that shit last year. I wasn't notified until mad late that I wasn't getting housing, and being an incoming freshman that knew nothing about the area, I was fucked. Luckily, some lady called me and had an open spot in a house and I was able to get it all worked out, but it was a big pain in the ass.

Originally Posted by GrenadeCRX
Hell...last fall I think people had to stay in a hotel and get shuttled because the dorms werent done in time. Doesn't suprise me that you haven't been assigned yet.
Yep...they had to stay on Waterside at the Sheraton for the first couple months actually...Going all the way to the other side of Norfolk takes 30 minutes easily, but part way through the drivers started dicking around and showing up 45 minutes late. Needless to say it was super shitty for those that had to deal with it daily.

Originally Posted by Silverbullet86
Check out the Knitting Mill Commons on 44th and Colley Ave. Security access, cameras, gated parking (fee) and extremely expensive.
Fixed. DOPE ass apartments, it's actually an old Knitting Mill, turned into Apartments. All the apartments are 4br though.

And I can't stress how expensive OR how sick they are. My friends are paying $650ish each...Granted, it's less than me, but I'm paying for the luxury of having no roommates
Old 08-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

mzmanny mzmanny mzmanny mzmanny mzmanny mzmanny mzmanny

While we're on the subject of ODU housing. Does anybody know any other decent apartments near campus? Preferably one that has 3 bedrooms.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:15 AM
Registered Member

CrJenkins13 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mzmanny
While we're on the subject of ODU housing. Does anybody know any other decent apartments near campus? Preferably one that has 3 bedrooms.
How close to ODU do you want to be? Within blocks, or is a 10 minute drive ok? You're not going to find many places witihn walking distance that still have spots open. And in looking for new apartments, I found that looking online for places was completely worthless. I ended up just driving around for a couple days getting phone numbers and calling places that I saw with for rent signs up. If I still had my list of numbers, I'd give it to you. I think my realtor only has 1/2 bedroom apartments, but I'll give you their number when I can find it later.

Google Councill Management (yes, 2 "L's"). They're the biggest one around ODU, so they'll probably be a good start.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

iamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond repute

Im an ODU alumni and I hated all of ODUs BS. Seriously, I don't think they care about the students, they just want the money. Good luck with the housing situation.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

iamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond reputeiamfranz4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mzmanny
Knitting Mill. Google "knitting mill odu"
Old 08-10-2009, 03:29 PM
JAY SPEC

00civichatch 00civichatch

Im sick of ODU hiring ignorant ass norfolk people to do the job for housing and financial aid.

THEY WILL DISREGARD YOUR EMAILS AND NOT GIVE A FUCK.

I've shown up in person with copies of emails that they agreed they recieved but never acted on or replied to.