Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Where to get slicks mounted?

Old 03-10-2008, 10:04 AM
ded
slo truk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where to get slicks mounted?

Ok, here's the deal, the last two shops that touched my Bogarts, bent them. One was in Jersey, one was here in Roanoke. I need a shop that knows what the hell they're doing, and has good equipment. These rims are extremely soft, they only weigh 11lbs each. I understand that the biggest risk is from dismounting, and that mounting shouldn't be too much of a problem, but I'd still like to find a good shop with good equipment.

Cause if they get bent one more time, I think I might have to hurt someone
Old 03-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Po' Pimp

99GTVert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to get slicks mounted?

Hey,

I know its kinda apples : oranges, but I found that NTB over by Valleyview was the only place I found that would even touch my Saleens w/ 305/35/18 DR's. I asked them if they would be responsible for rim damage before they did the work, and they agreed. I'm sure there are better shops around, but they did me right. Their mounting/balancing equipment is supposed to be top notch. My .02 hope it helps. Post pics when they are done

Nate

Last edited by 99GTVert; 03-10-2008 at 10:23 AM. Reason: punctuation error. Don't want to be beat to death with a dangling participle.....
Old 03-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入

Bring them to Kings Tire in Pulaski and I will mount your tires! People in the BRR-SCCA region come from all around for us to mount thier R-Comps.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:22 PM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 99GTVert
Hey,

I know its kinda apples : oranges, but I found that NTB over by Valleyview was the only place I found that would even touch my Saleens w/ 305/35/18 DR's. I asked them if they would be responsible for rim damage before they did the work, and they agreed. I'm sure there are better shops around, but they did me right. Their mounting/balancing equipment is supposed to be top notch. My .02 hope it helps. Post pics when they are done

Nate
They're actually the ones who bent this last one I'll give them credit tho, they are paying for the repair and gave me a great deal on a set of tires for my wife's Durango. But I don't think I'll let them handle the Bogarts again.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:24 PM
ded
slo truk

Originally Posted by Wrench_Si
Bring them to Kings Tire in Pulaski and I will mount your tires! People in the BRR-SCCA region come from all around for us to mount thier R-Comps.
That's a bit of a haul to get tires mounted, but if I can't find any places that I feel safe with closer to me, I'll let you know. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

FRCE PWR has disabled reputation

There is a guy that has a shop near where I live in Franklin County. Its about 3 miles further than where you picked up the engine lift. If interested, I'll dig up his shop #. He mounted the Bogarts on my Cobra.

Let me know.

Steve
Old 03-10-2008, 06:40 PM
ded
slo truk

Originally Posted by FRCE PWR
There is a guy that has a shop near where I live in Franklin County. Its about 3 miles further than where you picked up the engine lift. If interested, I'll dig up his shop #. He mounted the Bogarts on my Cobra.

Let me know.

Steve
That would be great, thanks Steve.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

FRCE PWR has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bad360rt
That would be great, thanks Steve.

The place is TEC Automotive. Phone # is 540-334-2886. Ask for Troy. I'm sure once you say Bogarts, he'll know exactly what you are talking about.

Here is a Mapquest link: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Roanoke...VA+24065-4972/

BTW, VA-116 is the same road that I live on. Hopefully, that helps.

Steve
Old 03-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Po' Pimp

99GTVert is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bad360rt
They're actually the ones who bent this last one I'll give them credit tho, they are paying for the repair and gave me a great deal on a set of tires for my wife's Durango. But I don't think I'll let them handle the Bogarts again.
My bad . They did me okay both times I used them, but it is apples : oranges. I just like that the manager manned up and said before he touched them that they would take responsibility. Sounds like they did for you too, but I know its a hassle to go through replacing a bent rim. I'd have been pissed.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:26 PM
no turbo, jus a name

captainturbo has disabled reputation

Maybe one Harris tire on wards rd in lynchburg..I could've sworn one of the employees there told me vir drivers have used them before

Quick Reply: Where to get slicks mounted?