Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

What's the going rate for nitrous?

Old 07-20-2007, 03:12 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: What's the going rate for nitrous?

i's day Pro-Line is definitely more than $3/lb..i beleive that what i paid there over seven years ago when i was spraying my car,so i'd think they've gone up on the price at least a little.
no more blower!!??why not a blown 426?

Nomoreevo-you're selling the car already?what's next?
Chris
Old 07-20-2007, 03:56 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

My personal opinion is that it's not going to get much better than two forms of forced induction on a big ol' built motor! Blown or turbo'd, I could care less... AND nitrous! That's the only way. Hell, you could even twin charge it. That would be cool. Supercharger AND turbo, AND nitrous! lol
Old 07-20-2007, 05:00 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
My personal opinion is that it's not going to get much better than two forms of forced induction on a big ol' built motor! Blown or turbo'd, I could care less... AND nitrous! That's the only way. Hell, you could even twin charge it. That would be cool. Supercharger AND turbo, AND nitrous! lol
a' la Rick Dobbertin.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:05 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Hell yes!
Old 07-20-2007, 05:20 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

all aluminum small block. twin supercharged. twin turbocharged. ported nitrous.

in a J2000. back in 1984.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:37 AM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by fc735
all aluminum small block. twin supercharged. twin turbocharged. ported nitrous.

in a J2000. back in 1984.

Any #'s
Old 07-20-2007, 06:16 AM
The Pro to call.

Never dyno'd. never even made a full pass either.

rick dobbertin was a madman (literally, i'm pretty sure he was declared mentally insane after all was said and done during his divorce issues) he took an old stainless steel tank that was used on a milk truck and made it into an amphibious vehicle, then started off on random wild creations that were always insane, and always fully polished. http://www.dobbertinhydrocar.com/Home.htm

and i mean fully. the J2000 had over 2000 hours of polish time on the chassis alone (according to Hot Rod back in '85)

the car was ran at a few shows, went here and there, and last time i saw it was at a Ford dealer outside of Syracuse NY. my uncle was a parts manager at the GM part of that dealer at the time, and most of dobbertins cars were spread through the dealer's many showrooms in an attempt to hide them from his ex wife (at least that is the rumor)

that car is the holder of the VA license tag BLOWN, if you want some more useless info. one of the dudes i used to work with was irritated, cause he had the NY tag of BLOWN on his 79 malibu wagon, and couldnt get it down here when he moved. he had to change it a wee bit.

do some research on it, you will find some incredible technological advancements for the time. he was one of the first people to run a lenco (fully polished of course ) and made some huge advancements in nitrous systems in the late 70's.

and you can tell by his creations that LSD is both an incredible creative tool and also one major hindrance of people not realizing the line between sanity and mental breakdown.

although i still love his nova

Last edited by HatefulMechanic; 07-20-2007 at 06:19 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:37 AM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

wow good info I will check that out when I have time.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:37 AM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TNGChris
no more blower!!??why not a blown 426?
Mainly cause I don't want to put a rollbar in the truck. So the new goal is to run mid 7's all motor, then I can spray it when I want to get booted, or when I'm at a private rental, etc. Then I'm gonna look for an older Dakota to strip down and make into a track only toy
Old 07-22-2007, 04:02 PM
santacruz superlight

nomoreevo has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bad360rt
Sorry about that, decided to go a different route, should still be pretty wicked. Going with a built 426/W5 setup, hoping to go about as fast all motor as I was going on the blower, then spray it

$3/lb sounds good, $6/lb not so much.
well that sounds just fine. lol