Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 01-25-2013, 08:14 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer
Default Re: Western Off Topic

This site is where I've found what appears to be a reliable source of boost operated cutouts
https://www.himni-racing.com/index.p...roducts_id=764

I'm not worried much about increasing lag, even when the "bigger" turbos come in they're still going to be pretty small. I'm going from twin TD03-13Ts to twin TD04-15Ts so they should still spool pretty fast.

I did a lot of research into electric cutouts in couldn't find a single positive review from someone that's had them for more than a couple months.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Registered member

Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508

^^^^

Why such a small upgrade?

If you are going to pay someone to upgrade turbo's and a retune....why not put a turbo that can push some air?
Old 01-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by Johnny508
^^^^

Why such a small upgrade?

If you are going to pay someone to upgrade turbo's and a retune....why not put a turbo that can push some air?
On just about any other platform that would definitely be the route I would go. As of right now the only options I have are

A) go the Vargas Turbo Tech option I'm doing for $2K-$3K installed and tuned and make ~500rwhp
B) go the Vishnu/FFTEC 6262 kit route and make 650whp for $10K-$12K installed and (poorly)tuned. Even if I had the cash to go this route I wouldn't simply because I'd rather burn $10K than give a dime of it to Vishnu tuning.

There are some really interesting turbo options coming out but I'm not wanting to wait that long and 500rwhp is PLENTY for me. Also, if I really push them 550whp should be doable but that's riding the outside of the turbo's efficiency.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:02 AM
Registered member

Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508

That makes perfect sense.

I did not realize that they made that kind of power on those turbos.

500whp will be plenty. How much power can the stock blocks take with out building?
Old 01-26-2013, 06:21 AM
Registered Member

I don't know what the limits of the stock engine are. No one has blown one up yet from making too much power. There are probably a dozen cars making ~650whp or so and they have held together for over 6 months now without issues. VTT has a kit coming out that will probably find the limit though, twin GTX28s should be good for 800whp-900whp and I doubt the stock engine will be able to support that for any length of time. However, I don't ever plan on making that kind of power so I feel really good about reliability at the 500whp.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:19 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
I don't know what the limits of the stock engine are. No one has blown one up yet from making too much power. There are probably a dozen cars making ~650whp or so and they have held together for over 6 months now without issues. VTT has a kit coming out that will probably find the limit though, twin GTX28s should be good for 800whp-900whp and I doubt the stock engine will be able to support that for any length of time. However, I don't ever plan on making that kind of power so I feel really good about reliability at the 500whp.
I've seen you race the car, but you by no means beat on your car... and unless your driving style changes dramatically, I don't think you have to worry about hurting that motor whatsoever with that kind of power.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:08 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Dogs barked tonight. Looked out the window as usual, and saw a shadow by my car. Jumped out the kitchen window on the other side and caught them off guard. Had the AR. Lit them up with the light. One ran. Broke the other one's face with the CTR. Told him to tell me his friend's name but he couldn't talk. The police collected him and told him he was a dumbass for trespassing.

He was lucky.

Haha. Party time.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:09 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

I'm proud of joo! I could've used that kind of badassery tonight!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:34 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Dogs barked tonight. Looked out the window as usual, and saw a shadow by my car. Jumped out the kitchen window on the other side and caught them off guard. Had the AR. Lit them up with the light. One ran. Broke the other one's face with the CTR. Told him to tell me his friend's name but he couldn't talk. The police collected him and told him he was a dumbass for trespassing.

He was lucky.

Haha. Party time.
Sweet dude! Would have been an awesome pic!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:12 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

A little something I put together...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20IgYtfrhok Track motion is still horrible, but I'm learning new things... so I'm excited.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic