Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 04-04-2012, 02:11 PM
2doors plus 2.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Anyone down for a beware of this shop thread? I just had a really bad expirence with a shop so I would like to let others know before going there
Old 04-04-2012, 03:27 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
Anyone down for a beware of this shop thread? I just had a really bad expirence with a shop so I would like to let others know before going there
Of course.. but not if it's a thread about "____ shop failed my car for inspection even though I offered to pay the inspector ten bucks under the table. These guys suck! Never go to their shop! They don't know what they're doing" sort of thing... If it's a legitimate issue, I think everyone deserves to hear about it. That's what drives businesses to provide good customer service and leave the customer happy in the end even if it costs them money in some cases.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
There's the Western shop thread here:
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/west...estern-110638/
It's also turned into a review thread.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:16 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
How about a single manifold with a single turbo mounted on it, with a single exhaust coming out of the back. yeah.
That would never work. It's too crazy.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla:7717472
Of course.. but not if it's a thread about "____ shop failed my car for inspection even though I offered to pay the inspector ten bucks under the table. These guys suck! Never go to their shop! They don't know what they're doing" sort of thing... If it's a legitimate issue, I think everyone deserves to hear about it. That's what drives businesses to provide good customer service and leave the customer happy in the end even if it costs them money in some cases.
Nah, it wouldn't be over something that small. My car would crank but wouldn't turn over, took it to this shop that I thought had a good reputation and seemed like they knew what they were doing. They call me car is ready, get in, the car doesn't idle right, I have no more brakes, and my water temp gauge doesn't work anymore. There were also multiple things loose and unconnected. I talked to the owner of the garage yesterday he said he will fix it on his bill to where it is supposed to be right, picked it up today and the car idles fine and I have my brakes back but the temperature gauge doesn't work still and the car has no power and doesn't want to run right while driving. There is a lot more with the story but this is a basic summary if that is saying anything.

On another note i guess ill start the official western beware of this shop thread
Old 04-05-2012, 05:00 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Maybe if it was a "Hey we wanna' sponsor your car, so drop it off here for 2 weeks." and it turns out to be a situation where your car is gone for half a year and they've only taken parts off of it (and lost them) while it sat outside, uncovered, unlocked, etc... and you had to go get half of your missing parts and tow your car back 100 miles and start from scratch? Maybe that would be worth it. -To warn about shops like that...? First time I've ever considered letting anyone turn a wrench on my car and that's how it went.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by TongWoo
blahblahblahblah
First time I've ever considered letting anyone turn a wrench on my car and that's how it went.
hayhayhay guy, you decided to let me beat on your car and that turned out pretty well. :P
Old 04-05-2012, 09:02 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Well, basically almost tore off my front bumper this morning in the parking lot. I thought I was in reverse, but the lever was only about halfway in I guess and I rolled forward into a concrete parking barrier. I'm lucky that whatever material the bumper is made of is flexible or it would've cracked/broken for sure. Only immediate damage I saw appears to be that the bumper cover itself may have torn away from the support a little bit (nothing some panel retainers can't fix) and the zip ties holding the plate on broke. (pack of 20 at Wal Mart for $.87, so I won't have to pay again until the eleventh time I do that) Chances are that I would've hit it regardless of ride height and it was just one of those stupid things that happens when you're not paying attention. A few well placed fist bangs and she was looking factory fresh again.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:21 PM
2doors plus 2.

Idk I work on my own vehicles quite a bit it just happened that my car broke down in radford and not roanoke
Old 04-06-2012, 06:44 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Originally Posted by Cyanide
hayhayhay guy, you decided to let me beat on your car and that turned out pretty well. :P
I'd let you turn my wrench, Dougie.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic