Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Turbo coming soon to a Prelude near you!

Old 02-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Turbo coming soon to a Prelude near you!

My setup is coming along, and hopefully I'll have it finished(and RUNNING) before we have our little dragva meet

T3 60 trim .52/.63 AR from a 300z

Socketed P06, got a ZIF socket but the piece of shit broke when i was inserting it gotta order another...

Turbo manifold is on the way, as is my EPROM programmer, using Uberdata, already got a basemap.. Anyone have a welder and wanna come to my house to weld up my downpipe piping for free?
Old 02-03-2005, 06:04 PM

elementalwindx has disabled reputation
Default Re: Turbo coming soon to a Prelude near you!

Originally Posted by GaRn
My setup is coming along, and hopefully I'll have it finished(and RUNNING) before we have our little dragva meet

T3 60 trim .52/.63 AR from a 300z

Socketed P06, got a ZIF socket but the piece of shit broke when i was inserting it gotta order another...

Turbo manifold is on the way, as is my EPROM programmer, using Uberdata, already got a basemap.. Anyone have a welder and wanna come to my house to weld up my downpipe piping for free?
*jealous* <--- very
Old 02-03-2005, 06:38 PM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

your jealous? ha, you have no idea how i feel! LOL

turboing my lude was/is my dream, but i'm just about to get the tranny fixed after like a freaking year! it's about freaking time!

but yeah, before i die, i WILL have a turbo 3rd gen prelude running around roanoke! on 6psi non-intercooled this guy dynoed at 175whp and 180tq! tell me that's not impressive!

oh yeah, good luck Garn! i hope all goes well. i plan on using uberdata when (not if LOL) i turbo a 3rd gen.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Cut,it,out

VTFrontier

hot shit, h23 or h22?
Old 02-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

its a pretty mild setup, no reason to be jealous lol! I'm gonna be runnin unintercooled to.. water injection

h23!

It's ridiculous how easy it is to put together a kit for pretty damn cheap.. I have hardly any more into it so far..
Old 02-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would you run water injection? With how cheap FMIC's or any IC for that matter is, as well as the mandrel bends to rig one up, why bother? If you still feel the need to run WI why not run it after the IC? I'm sure itll be nice for ya though, I just still would stick with a true IC.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:23 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by 89silude
but yeah, before i die, i WILL have a turbo 3rd gen prelude running around roanoke! on 6psi non-intercooled this guy dynoed at 175whp and 180tq! tell me that's not impressive!

the day i brag about putting down 175whp is the day i put a bullet in my head.

isnt putting a nissan turbo on a honda kinda an oxymoron?

Old 02-04-2005, 05:27 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by 16g-95gsx
Why would you run water injection? With how cheap FMIC's or any IC for that matter is, as well as the mandrel bends to rig one up, why bother? If you still feel the need to run WI why not run it after the IC? I'm sure itll be nice for ya though, I just still would stick with a true IC.

Well I'm not gonna be running much.. maybe 7 psi in the end when i tune it, but the main reason is i don't want it to be seen, and there is absolutely no way to fit a FMIC without cutting the bumper on 4g ludes.. I don't really wanna cut shit up

plus I can get a holley water injection kit on ebay for like $50 compared to $200+ for a decent intercooler and then more piping etc.. for the low boost I'm doing I'm sure it will be fine..
Old 02-04-2005, 05:29 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by fc735
the day i brag about putting down 175whp is the day i put a bullet in my head.

isnt putting a nissan turbo on a honda kinda an oxymoron?

Do you ever post anything positive? how is it an oxymoron? dumbass, get the fuck outta my thread.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:00 AM
wtb scoobie snacks

musicmaniac is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by GaRn
get the fuck outta my thread.
yeah bitch

Quick Reply: Turbo coming soon to a Prelude near you!