Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Tint laws changing, maybe!

Old 02-21-2011, 06:24 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z
Default Tint laws changing, maybe!

Recently, a bill created by Charles Carrico that will allow for 35% tent for the front windows passed the House! I've been thinking of tinting my windows, so it may be worth holding out to see if this gets passed by the senate. I realize a tint ticket isn't a huge issue, but in my opinion, cops pull folks over for tint far more than other "equipment" failures. I guess I could be wrong, but I'm afraid a tint pullover could result in several other "equipment" tickets, haha!

I saw a summary of recent bills passed by the house on virginia police website, and it seems like they are using this issue as a way to rally awareness and funds to kill this bill and others, which seems kind of silly to me. I guess it's the whole "officer can't see inside car during routine stops and increases risk of harm to officer" argument.

It would just be nice to be able to legally use 35% in the front and back, instead of varying percentages. Here's a link about the progress. What's everyone else think about this?

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...bil&val=HB1728
Old 02-21-2011, 06:26 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo
Default Re: Tint laws changing, maybe!

That's cool. I've been wanting to tint the Audi.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:29 AM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

This would be nice to have.I wish someone would pass one that allows windshield tint.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:40 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by JDMCB7
This would be nice to have.I wish someone would pass one that allows windshield tint.
NO.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:49 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

lol. can cops pull you over on tint violations alone in VA?
Old 02-21-2011, 06:55 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by boredom
Yes
Old 02-21-2011, 06:58 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

LOLOL
Old 02-21-2011, 06:58 AM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

Originally Posted by boredom
Yes, for sure. In my experience, they pull you over to inspect your tint, then look for other violations to tack on... Not the other way around.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:00 AM
management

Originally Posted by pearl350z
Yes, for sure. In my experience, they pull you over to inspect your tint, then look for other violations to tack on... Not the other way around.
'tis the exact opposite here in NC
Old 02-21-2011, 07:25 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

My buddy just got a doctors note saying that he needs tint to see properly, lol He gets tint tickets all the time, his tint is like 20%, but now he can get away with it.

Quick Reply: Tint laws changing, maybe!