Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

ticket assistance

Old 11-24-2003, 08:21 AM
#XV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold
Default ticket assistance

My wife got a ticket for doing 84 in a 65 on 81 near Harrisonburg. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good attorneys in the area that aren't going to break the bank. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:36 AM
KA powered S14

019 is an unknown quantity at this point

stephen haga
he's in downtown christiansburg. i'm sure a lot of ppl in the area have had him as a lawyer, hehe.
(540) 382-6321
Old 11-24-2003, 08:46 AM
Tito Hater

VT SpecV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by 019
stephen haga
he's in downtown christiansburg. i'm sure a lot of ppl in the area have had him as a lawyer, hehe.
(540) 382-6321
Who? NOT ME! My driving record is clean as a whisle...well, ummm, there was this one time....uhhhh and...
Old 11-24-2003, 08:46 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Will he travel to Harrisonburg without charging us our first-born son?
Old 11-24-2003, 11:12 AM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

Originally posted by 019
stephen haga
(540) 382-6321

i seriously doubt haga will do him any good in harrisonburg. The reason hes awsome in this area is because he knows all the montgomery court judges.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:44 PM
RAWR!%!#%!#

bensrex is an unknown quantity at this point

First ticket ever? If so, you could do what I'm doing.. and not get a lawyer. Just go in dressed nice, and explain that your license is clean, and that it was an accident. Usually they'll lower it and give you driving school. The judges in my area are real asses though.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:49 PM
#XV

It's her second ticket. The first one was over 6 months ago and it was for 8 over.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:15 PM
KA powered S14

019 is an unknown quantity at this point

oops. i guess i should've checked the guy's location, hehe.
Old 11-26-2003, 03:28 AM
New to Area

SDEWYZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok....I don't get something. Just moved to VA and it seems everywhere I look people are asking about lawyers for petty lil tickets. Whats the deal in VA? In maine and everywhere else I have been you get a ticket, it has a fine on it, you send in the fine and plead guilty or take it to court if you want to fight it. After so many points in a year(usually 2 tickets) you can get your license supspened. The only time you would ever go to jail would be criminal speeding, which in Maine and most other states is 30+ over the posted limit and the cop would arrest you on the spot. Why are people getting 20 over tickets then summonsed for wreckless driving or driving to endanger, in most states that is a seperate offense, so your telling me you get a speeding ticket and driving to endanger just for going like 20 over and mandatory court date?

I did get a ticket in VA visiting a year ago, I think it was like 17 over on RT 29 coming back from danville. It had a court date but I was living in Maine so I called and got the fine, something like $3 per mile per hour over so I sent in that amount and it was done.

Can anyone explain this to me in more detail since there seems to be cops everywhere!! Lexington is a small place but I see cops at 3:45 in the morning on a tuesday night hiding taking radar, pathetic IMO.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:04 AM

VT_453 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SDEWYZ
Can anyone explain this to me in more detail since there seems to be cops everywhere!! Lexington is a small place but I see cops at 3:45 in the morning on a tuesday night hiding taking radar, pathetic IMO.
Guess if they were sitting somewhere drinking coffee and not doing anything that would be better huh?

In Virginia reckless driving is slightly different depending upon the posted speed limit. In a 25, reckless is 45. In a 35, its 60. In a 45, its 65, in a 55 its 75, and in a 65 its 80. Anything over 80 can be written as reckless on any road.

We also go by a points system, for each year you drive without an infraction, you get a point added in your favor, up to 5 years/points. Different infractions deduct different sets of points.

Also, each ticket does have a fine, and most fines are prepayable offenses (regular speeding, equipment, seat belt, etc) where you do not have to come to court as long as you pay before the date. Reckless driving is a mandatory court apperance, the fine is usually much higher, and has a higher points value, hence most people get a lawyer as it does help a lot, they usually know the judge and what they like to hear (good school standing, good driving record, honor roll, good work performance, etc) and their help is usually well worth the cost.

Quick Reply: ticket assistance