Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

tattoo shops

Old 04-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Ivy Tadita

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default tattoo shops

I'm highly considering getting a full sleeve done but I was curious if anyone had gotten any sleeves done locally. Where was it done and how many sittings it took as well as what the total cost was?

I will probably end up going to star city tattoos to have it done but if anyone can really suggest a better artist elsewhere, my ears are open.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

that7guy has disabled reputation
Default Re: tattoo shops

Im working on a full sleeve but im up in NOVA. Cost is dependent on what you want and how much time/ ink it takes. Tattoo's are like hookers and paintjobs; You get what you pay for. I have half a sleeve done and im already up to $1500 + tips
Old 04-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Pulling The Weight

PureBreed has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by that7guy
Im working on a full sleeve but im up in NOVA. Cost is dependent on what you want and how much time/ ink it takes. Tattoo's are like hookers and paintjobs; You get what you pay for. I have half a sleeve done and im already up to $1500 + tips
Sounds to me your gettin ripped off. My advice would be go around to every local ( Or as far as you would go) shop and get a price dont just go to the first shop that pops in your head. It can get pretty expensive.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by PureBreed
Sounds to me your gettin ripped off. My advice would be go around to every local ( Or as far as you would go) shop and get a price dont just go to the first shop that pops in your head. It can get pretty expensive.
It makes me shake my head when people shop around for tattoo prices. You shop around for car parts and toilet paper, you don’t shop around for something that is going to be on your body forever! If your selection of an artist is based more on their rates then their portfolio then you probably need to put a little more thought into what you are doing…

That being said Daniel at Star city does the most amazing color work I’ve seen. I got mine done by Tom Little at Alexs and he did a damn good job but the work I’ve seen from Daniel just looks like it’s on a entirely different level from everyone else.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:26 PM
H House inc.

IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE

I agree. All of my friends go to star city,and the work that Roger and Daniel do is amazing. I was just there today watching a friend get his tattoo finished and Daniel did awesome work. On a better note he is super nice and they will take their time with you no matter how busy they are.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入

Wife and I both got our tats at Rondevous by St. John in Blacksburg.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
It makes me shake my head when people shop around for tattoo prices. You shop around for car parts and toilet paper, you don’t shop around for something that is going to be on your body forever! If your selection of an artist is based more on their rates then their portfolio then you probably need to put a little more thought into what you are doing…

That being said Daniel at Star city does the most amazing color work I’ve seen. I got mine done by Tom Little at Alexs and he did a damn good job but the work I’ve seen from Daniel just looks like it’s on a entirely different level from everyone else.
Yeah, I know what you are saying.. but luckily, I believe star city is going to have some of the best prices as well as artists in town. Daniel has given me one tattoo before and did a good job but stupid me never went back for a touch up and it has a few small holes in it.

I'm just looking to see what a good ball park figure of what it's going to cost for a full sleeve and how many sessions it usually takes. I know a lot of it depends on how detailed everything is but i'm just trying to get a number in my head so I can know what to expect.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:52 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by srt4hokie

Amen!!!

You don't find the shop with the best price.. LOL!

I've been wanting to get on Paul Booth's waiting list, but last I checked it was several YEARS before you could get in, IF you could get in. I'd be more than willing to drive/fly to New York to have God himself do my work.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:54 PM
LKB
PE#1

LKB

Star City Tattoo's all the way.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:20 PM
That thing i do!

Wagz is an unknown quantity at this point

Go see Shawn Carroll, he owns hotrod tattoo & he's done 60+hrs on me in the past 2 hrs:
he only does custom work & works w/ you to get you exactly what you want
www.hotrodtat2.com

i think Joey is getting a bunch done by him as well

Quick Reply: tattoo shops