VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Western VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/western-va-17/)
-   -   Sunday Cruise (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/western-va-17/sunday-cruise-181095/)

Heiss M3 03-26-2007 11:23 AM

Re: Sunday Cruise

Originally Posted by Cosmo (Post 2932643)
Yeah.... it was a black Specialized road bike.

I had this jersey on, if it rings a bell:

http://www.primal-sports.com/pc-57-5-raven-mad.aspx

Gotcha, yeah we passed several bikers...Were you on the parkway? I dont think we passed any bikers on any other roads, just the parkway. So if you were there, then yeah I remember passing you....I'll honk real loud behind you next time and yell "GET OFF THE ROAD!!!". :p

Cosmo 03-26-2007 11:29 AM

Yeah. I was on the parkway.

You'll have to yell really loud. Usually I'm wearing my headphones and can't hear anything.

Either that or I'm thinking about Adam....

VanillaThrilla 03-26-2007 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmo (Post 2932701)
Yeah. I was on the parkway.

You'll have to yell really loud. Usually I'm wearing my headphones and can't hear anything.

Either that or I'm thinking about Adam....

Headphones, riding your bike? No wonder you bastards never get out of my way and nearly get hit by a car... you have no idea I'm there. :D

Do you have a cute little mirror on your helmet? Heh...

I think about you too... :p

Cosmo 03-27-2007 04:34 AM

No. I actually have one on my handlebars though. I thought it was a dumb idea at first, but people in grey Volkswagens keep trying to run me off the road, so it helps to keep an eye out for them...

VanillaThrilla 03-27-2007 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cosmo (Post 2934062)
No. I actually have one on my handlebars though. I thought it was a dumb idea at first, but people in grey Volkswagens keep trying to run me off the road, so it helps to keep an eye out for them...

I'm sorry to hear that man... ;)

I'm actually hoping mine might be gone this afternoon :p

Cosmo 03-27-2007 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work (Post 2934272)
I'm sorry to hear that man... ;)

I'm actually hoping mine might be gone this afternoon :p

Cool. What are you getting next?

VanillaThrilla 03-27-2007 06:55 AM

Well I just got off the phone with my dad... He was trying to see if I was interested in a Land Rover... LOL!

I really don't have anything in particular in mind, so long as it's one thing: RELIABLE!

I want something that I can tow my bike with (VIR, beach, etc) and was originally planning on getting a truck but I think I'm going to get an SUV so that I can carry several people if/when necessary. I'm going to miss my car though... I'm going to miss the heated leather, the sunroof, the handling, and the torque that an SUV probably won't have. I'm probably going to downgrade and get something that will hopefully be cheaper to insure.

Cosmo 03-27-2007 07:59 AM

Since you'll have some extra money, go get yourself a bike.

I need someone to ride with...

VanillaThrilla 03-27-2007 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Cosmo (Post 2934555)
Since you'll have some extra money, go get yourself a bike.

I need someone to ride with...

I was actually talking to my lady about going to Cardinal with me today...

I hate to ask this, but do they have any sort of lay-away? I've never purchased anything with any sort of lay-away credit or anything, but if I buy a nice bike it's going to be a big purchase. I'm exhausting my income right now to improve my FICO score and get my credit utilization down, so most of my money is going towards debts.

BTW, would anyone be interested in some sort of white water rafting trip this spring/summer? I've never done it before but it would be a freaking blast!

Cosmo 03-27-2007 08:32 AM

Let me know how much you are looking to spend, and I can help you out...