Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

so i totaled my SOL

Old 06-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva
Default Re: so i totaled my SOL

Look at it this way: Now you can get a real car.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Registered Member

K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch

Dude just wrecked his car that was kind of a shitty thing to say, but k24 del sol instead of a s2k be way higher on the coolness factor lol. And roll 350z track editions all day long!
Old 06-11-2007, 05:03 PM
No

Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64

Originally Posted by flyn2low
when i sell my del sol i'm hoping to get an s2k
People start with civics/intgs/sols... then buy s2k's... then NSX's...

It's the circle of ... damn I would say life, like some Lion King crap, but yah... nvm

Atleast you walked away clean.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by K20_hisatch
Dude just wrecked his car that was kind of a shitty thing to say, but k24 del sol instead of a s2k be way higher on the coolness factor lol. And roll 350z track editions all day long!
Not even close, no civic, 600 whp K24 or not, is even close to the coolness factor of a stock s2000.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

diamondstargsx has disabled reputation

HATED!
Old 06-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Registered Member

K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch

Well im pretty well known- for my car not to be on the coolness factor of a s2k what do you gain over a k24 sol- rwd and you have to take the top off of the sol- other then that the del sol will be faster have more TORQUE and just be a better all around car.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:18 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Well im pretty well known- for my car not to be on the coolness factor of a s2k what do you gain over a k24 sol- rwd and you have to take the top off of the sol- other then that the del sol will be faster have more TORQUE and just be a better all around car.
What do you gain over an s2k? you pretty much said it, the only thing is straight line acceleration. You lose in every other category:

-Style
-Driveability
-Responsiveness
-Every type of handling ability
-Fun to drive
-Interior quality
-The female factor - Sorry, fast civic don't mean shit compared to a long convertible sports car

You may have one thing on the S2k, interior space and trunk space..

It's a whole different category of car, can't really compare the two.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

And roll 350z track editions all day long!
Of course it would beat a 350Z. It's a 287 horsepower car (and that's not to the wheels) that weighs 3400 pounds. You say it like beating my vehicle in a race would automatically classify a Z Track as inferior to a K24 Civic. There's more to a car than just speed.

You have:
-Comfort
-Economy
-Ease of operation
-Handling
-Braking
-Exterior
-Interior
-Traction
-Luxuries
-Quality of parts used in the car
-Warranty
-Cost/Maintenance

Edit: Why is it that so many people think that speed/acceleration are the only factors that make a car? That's why people talk shit about having cars that would walk a Ferrari... which may be true, but I'd rather have a Ferrari any day over your 800whp Monte Carlo due to all the other things I just listed.

Last edited by Qwiksillva; 06-12-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Registered Member

This is all a matter of opinion your whole list other than traction, can go either way. You do understand you can have all luxurys with the k in a civic, ac and ps- I mean all options. Just figured the guy liked del sols and somebody threw out s2ks so I threw out the del sol. IM(O) I would rather have the del sol cause, I dont get out on the curves and terrorise them- I do like to get on it every so often when im goin straight. And I would rather people be like damn that things gettin it, instead of damn that things slow as balls. But handles which nobody will ever see.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

This is all a matter of opinion your whole list other than traction, can go either way. You do understand you can have all luxurys with the k in a civic, ac and ps- I mean all options. Just figured the guy liked del sols and somebody threw out s2ks so I threw out the del sol. IM(O) I would rather have the del sol cause, I dont get out on the curves and terrorise them- I do like to get on it every so often when im goin straight. And I would rather people be like damn that things gettin it, instead of damn that things slow as balls. But handles which nobody will ever see.
I didn't mean like air conditioning and power steering as luxuries. I meant like leather interior, light-adjusting rear view mirrors, garage door opener programmable buttons in the rearview, built-in gps, heated seats, climate control, gauges that read out tire psi, mpg, dte, etc.

Speed is definitely a winner in a vehicle but when someone challenges you on a curvy road, what will you do? Back out?? Make an excuse? You cannot make a reason to back up not to race just like I couldn't make up a reason not to race in a straight line against a K24 civic.

All in all, cars are different. There isn't one way to judge if one's better than the other, but it's obvious what the purpose of the Civic was when it was created for the consumer market versus a car like a S2000. These intentions by the manufacturer create two completely different vehicles.

To each their own.

Quick Reply: so i totaled my SOL