Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Reputable transmission shop in Roanoke area?

Old 04-13-2010, 06:20 AM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Reputable transmission shop in Roanoke area?

I'm looking to have an automatic transmission issue diagnosed and repaired in the very near future and am not looking to pay a fortune for bogus repair. Are there any reliable, and reputable shops in or around Roanoke?
Old 04-13-2010, 06:23 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Re: Reputable transmission shop in Roanoke area?

Bill's Auto Sales on Tazewell
344-9479

We've known those guys for a long time. They just rebuilt the transmission in my wife's car for about half what a couple other places wanted. They are big into the racing scene (oval track) and they build race cars there. They know their stuff. Call and talk to Tim and tell him you are a friend of mine. May get you an even better price.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Atlas is dead

Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo

http://www.basstrans.com/

me and my family have been dealing with Danny Bass for years now, and he has never done us, or anyone we recommended to him, wrong... he rebuilt the trans on my old 96 Impala SS, my dad's old C4 ZR-1, and has provided the solution to every problems we have had with any/all of the cars we have taken to him... they are big into drag racing and have a dire respect for owners of properly fast cars (he drooled over my TBSS and now wants my G8)... I havent talked to him in a while (being in FL), but saying you know me our knew my father would help, I'm sure... regardless, Danny will give you the best price, guaranteed...
Old 04-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

I know both Danny, and Tim. Both are great guys and have great reputations. Although I'm better friends with Danny, tidms prices are just about unbeatable around here especially. Both places will do what they can to properly diagnose the transmission issue.

Is it still the problem Adam? Or has it gotten worse/changed? Since it's an automatic, the first thing o. Always do is check the fluid.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point

Danny Put together my C4 and it has done nothing but shine.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:49 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Voodoo
http://www.basstrans.com/

me and my family have been dealing with Danny Bass for years now, and he has never done us, or anyone we recommended to him, wrong... he rebuilt the trans on my old 96 Impala SS, my dad's old C4 ZR-1, and has provided the solution to every problems we have had with any/all of the cars we have taken to him... they are big into drag racing and have a dire respect for owners of properly fast cars (he drooled over my TBSS and now wants my G8)... I havent talked to him in a while (being in FL), but saying you know me our knew my father would help, I'm sure... regardless, Danny will give you the best price, guaranteed...
I know Bass' kids. Went to school with them. It wouldn't hurt to go by there and get an estimate and an idea as for whether or not there's something that's wrong that wouldn't require a full rebuild.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:51 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Bill's Auto Sales on Tazewell
344-9479

We've known those guys for a long time. They just rebuilt the transmission in my wife's car for about half what a couple other places wanted. They are big into the racing scene (oval track) and they build race cars there. They know their stuff. Call and talk to Tim and tell him you are a friend of mine. May get you an even better price.
I'll definitely keep this in mind too. Thanks for the suggestion. It could be worth it to hit up Tazewell if it's that much cheaper than the competitors. How far away is that from Roanoke?
Old 04-13-2010, 05:03 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by bluesrt2004
I know both Danny, and Tim. Both are great guys and have great reputations. Although I'm better friends with Danny, tidms prices are just about unbeatable around here especially. Both places will do what they can to properly diagnose the transmission issue.

Is it still the problem Adam? Or has it gotten worse/changed? Since it's an automatic, the first thing o. Always do is check the fluid.
I think it's gotten worse. I don't know if it's slipping, or what exactly it's doing, but it's definitely a cause for concern. I was driving up Bent Mountain last week on my day off and it was really bad going up hill. If I accelerated hard (which I kind of had to in order to keep momentum), it would slip and sort of rev. That seems to happen more often when it's under load going up hill or accelerating hard to merge on the highway. The annoyance with other aspects of commuting is anywhere between 40-60mph it wants to shift up/down/up/down and it's really annoying.

You told me you thought it was probably the lift/tires.. Joey said I'm a moron when I asked him about whether or not that could affect anything! lol

Daniel: You got me good on this one, you fucker! You owe me a few drinks.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
I'll definitely keep this in mind too. Thanks for the suggestion. It could be worth it to hit up Tazewell if it's that much cheaper than the competitors. How far away is that from Roanoke?
It's in Roanoke. Tazewell Ave. Close to Roanoke Civic Center.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:24 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by Cosmo
It's in Roanoke. Tazewell Ave. Close to Roanoke Civic Center.
LOL! D'oh! I misread what you said. I thought you said IN Tazewell.. not ON Tazewell. I think I know where this place is. I've seen it. Is it right next to Woodings basically?

Quick Reply: Reputable transmission shop in Roanoke area?