VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Western VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/western-va-17/)
-   -   PROB FINDING D15B DISTRIBUTER (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/western-va-17/prob-finding-d15b-distributer-340800/)

ttandhondas 04-05-2010 01:45 PM

PROB FINDING D15B DISTRIBUTER

I CALLED HONDA, ADVANCE, NAPA, AUTOZONE, OMNI, BUMPER TO BUMPER, ECT.ECT.ECT.ECT.ECT.ECT.

The motor is a OBD2 came out of a 96 or up obviously, the bloc says D15B. which is a 1.5L. Everyone says they don't make a 1.5 for a 96 and up.. but how is this obd2 distributer on my car? and my block says D15B there is no other numbers on it. The guy i got it from says it's a jdm motor.

Honda says jdm honda motor is way different than american made honda motors as far as distributors go.
All i need is the CAP, but nowhere to look, i couldn't believe honda didn't have it. Anyone know where to look?

it has a screw on the bottom left, Top Left, and Middle Right, and only 2 Mount holes NOT 3.

The plug on the distributer is rectangular.
I'll pay whatever u want for it.
Call or text TIM 540 598- 7835.

The Nisbro 04-05-2010 05:21 PM

Re: PROB FINDING D15B DISTRIBUTER

Originally Posted by ttandhondas (Post 6237620)
I CALLED HONDA, ADVANCE, NAPA, AUTOZONE, OMNI, BUMPER TO BUMPER, ECT.ECT.ECT.ECT.ECT.ECT.

The motor is a OBD2 came out of a 96 or up obviously, the bloc says D15B. which is a 1.5L. Everyone says they don't make a 1.5 for a 96 and up.. but how is this obd2 distributer on my car? and my block says D15B there is no other numbers on it. The guy i got it from says it's a jdm motor.

Honda says jdm honda motor is way different than american made honda motors as far as distributors go.
All i need is the CAP, but nowhere to look, i couldn't believe honda didn't have it. Anyone know where to look?

it has a screw on the bottom left, Top Left, and Middle Right, and only 2 Mount holes NOT 3.

The plug on the distributer is rectangular.
I'll pay whatever u want for it.
Call or text TIM 540 598- 7835.

d15b vtec is a JDM motor...never came in any US honda.

i have friend with one, ill see where he got his cap...IIRC d15b uses the same dist. as the d16z6.

TransAmWS6 04-05-2010 05:22 PM

overnight parts from japan?

.Sarge. 04-05-2010 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14 (Post 6238020)
..IIRC d15b uses the same dist. as the d16z6.

This is correct. The head will probably have P08 stamped on it so it uses the same head as the z6 which you can cleverly deduce uses the same distributor.

Originally Posted by TransAmWS6 (Post 6238022)
overnight parts from japan?

I lol'd + rep to both of you when I can.

TNGChris 04-06-2010 04:04 AM

There's only a few different D series caps.I've never had an issue finding a US crossover to fit any JDM engine.I'm confused about the moutning though.Do you mean it has three screws holding the cap on,and two bolts holding the distributor to the head?If so,sounds like somebody has cut a tab off to put the wrong distributor on the engine.I'd try a cap for the 96-00 cars.There should only be two D series parts for that model span.
When you go to parts stores and dealerships talking about mad tyte JDMness,they have absolutely no fuckin idea what you're talking about.Just take the cap off,and try different ones until it matches.
Chris

The Nisbro 04-06-2010 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by TNGChris (Post 6238710)
There's only a few different D series caps.I've never had an issue finding a US crossover to fit any JDM engine.I'm confused about the moutning though.Do you mean it has three screws holding the cap on,and two bolts holding the distributor to the head?If so,sounds like somebody has cut a tab off to put the wrong distributor on the engine.I'd try a cap for the 96-00 cars.There should only be two D series parts for that model span.
When you go to parts stores and dealerships talking about mad tyte JDMness,they have absolutely no fuckin idea what you're talking about.Just take the cap off,and try different ones until it matches.
Chris

it's a z6 cap

TNGChris 04-06-2010 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14 (Post 6239352)
it's a z6 cap

Him saying that it only has two mounting tabs makes me think it may be something different that somebody's rigged up.Possibly the original distributor from the car.