Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

PROB FINDING D15B DISTRIBUTER

Old 04-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ttandhondas can only hope to improve
Default PROB FINDING D15B DISTRIBUTER

I CALLED HONDA, ADVANCE, NAPA, AUTOZONE, OMNI, BUMPER TO BUMPER, ECT.ECT.ECT.ECT.ECT.ECT.

The motor is a OBD2 came out of a 96 or up obviously, the bloc says D15B. which is a 1.5L. Everyone says they don't make a 1.5 for a 96 and up.. but how is this obd2 distributer on my car? and my block says D15B there is no other numbers on it. The guy i got it from says it's a jdm motor.

Honda says jdm honda motor is way different than american made honda motors as far as distributors go.
All i need is the CAP, but nowhere to look, i couldn't believe honda didn't have it. Anyone know where to look?

it has a screw on the bottom left, Top Left, and Middle Right, and only 2 Mount holes NOT 3.

The plug on the distributer is rectangular.
I'll pay whatever u want for it.
Call or text TIM 540 598- 7835.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:21 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro
Default Re: PROB FINDING D15B DISTRIBUTER

Originally Posted by ttandhondas
I CALLED HONDA, ADVANCE, NAPA, AUTOZONE, OMNI, BUMPER TO BUMPER, ECT.ECT.ECT.ECT.ECT.ECT.

The motor is a OBD2 came out of a 96 or up obviously, the bloc says D15B. which is a 1.5L. Everyone says they don't make a 1.5 for a 96 and up.. but how is this obd2 distributer on my car? and my block says D15B there is no other numbers on it. The guy i got it from says it's a jdm motor.

Honda says jdm honda motor is way different than american made honda motors as far as distributors go.
All i need is the CAP, but nowhere to look, i couldn't believe honda didn't have it. Anyone know where to look?

it has a screw on the bottom left, Top Left, and Middle Right, and only 2 Mount holes NOT 3.

The plug on the distributer is rectangular.
I'll pay whatever u want for it.
Call or text TIM 540 598- 7835.

d15b vtec is a JDM motor...never came in any US honda.

i have friend with one, ill see where he got his cap...IIRC d15b uses the same dist. as the d16z6.

Last edited by The Nisbro; 04-05-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

overnight parts from japan?
Old 04-05-2010, 07:06 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
..IIRC d15b uses the same dist. as the d16z6.
This is correct. The head will probably have P08 stamped on it so it uses the same head as the z6 which you can cleverly deduce uses the same distributor.

Originally Posted by TransAmWS6
overnight parts from japan?
I lol'd + rep to both of you when I can.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:04 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

There's only a few different D series caps.I've never had an issue finding a US crossover to fit any JDM engine.I'm confused about the moutning though.Do you mean it has three screws holding the cap on,and two bolts holding the distributor to the head?If so,sounds like somebody has cut a tab off to put the wrong distributor on the engine.I'd try a cap for the 96-00 cars.There should only be two D series parts for that model span.
When you go to parts stores and dealerships talking about mad tyte JDMness,they have absolutely no fuckin idea what you're talking about.Just take the cap off,and try different ones until it matches.
Chris
Old 04-06-2010, 09:10 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by TNGChris
There's only a few different D series caps.I've never had an issue finding a US crossover to fit any JDM engine.I'm confused about the moutning though.Do you mean it has three screws holding the cap on,and two bolts holding the distributor to the head?If so,sounds like somebody has cut a tab off to put the wrong distributor on the engine.I'd try a cap for the 96-00 cars.There should only be two D series parts for that model span.
When you go to parts stores and dealerships talking about mad tyte JDMness,they have absolutely no fuckin idea what you're talking about.Just take the cap off,and try different ones until it matches.
Chris
it's a z6 cap
Old 04-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
it's a z6 cap

Him saying that it only has two mounting tabs makes me think it may be something different that somebody's rigged up.Possibly the original distributor from the car.