Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 01-16-2012, 07:06 AM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

P.S: Here's Chad's equally shitty sounding three hundred horsepower 370Z.. raw video from the Roanoke Airport Tunnels. I will have an external mic soon for the GoPro to do footage like this justice. Putting together a video of his car, but for now this is all I've uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXLRd-u2k4 Chris: This was shot in 1080p, 170 degree field of view (wide angle). See the difference in quality, even at Youtube's default resolution? Also, you'll see the quality looks a lot better before being converted and compressed. That's something I'm working on.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

I think that view would be awesome if it was mounted on a car on a track, but there's too much wind noise to really appreciate the exhaust note.
If you could mount the external mic at the exhaust tip that would be an amazing setup.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:38 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
That's the Sam!

He owns Formosa Lounge & Restaurant downtown... Check it out sometime. I'm sure he'd love to check your car out, as would I.
Yummmy fooooods!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:39 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
I think that view would be awesome if it was mounted on a car on a track, but there's too much wind noise to really appreciate the exhaust note.
If you could mount the external mic at the exhaust tip that would be an amazing setup.
Along with the external mic, I'm also buying a windscreen for it. The reason there's so much wind noise is because I had the skeleton housing on it so the stock (terrible) mic was as exposed as it could be. The external mic will allow for so many more possibilities, along with sounding a million times better.. then the windscreen will kill the sounds that you don't want to hear.

The harmonics of his exhaust make it difficult to have the stock mic anywhere even remotely close to the exhaust tips though. We'll see how it works.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

Nice looking Z, that's for sure... I've been trying to fight a recent urge to get back to my roots and get another Z - either a boosted Nismo 350 or a 370. And, these pictures and videos you've been posting aren't helping the matter.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:58 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by pearl350z
Nice looking Z, that's for sure... I've been trying to fight a recent urge to get back to my roots and get another Z - either a boosted Nismo 350 or a 370. And, these pictures and videos you've been posting aren't helping the matter.
He's on the fence about the Greddy turbo kit for it. He's got a guy that's already knocked $3k off of the price of a brand new kit. I've just been trying to convince him to enjoy his warranty a little bit longer. lol

I haven't seen your newest car, but as with all of the past, you've always seemed to have good taste and I'm sure the Evo is as nice as (if not nicer than) the past. With that said, stick with what you've got for a little while unless someone offers you something you can't walk away from.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:22 PM
wub wub wub wub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdRS3t8Oujk&feature=share
Old 01-16-2012, 01:30 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
You're entitled to your own opinion, but IIRC you have a primered 240 and I'm sure it sounds amazing compared to a ten cylinder M5. Hater's everywhere
How exactly is he hating? like you just stated, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I said a long time ago that i dont like the way Sam's M5 sounds. I can hear him coming up brambleton from over a mile away...and it really does sound like a moped til he passes my house.

Does this mean im "hating" on his car? No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgOhe1mDhjo&feature=related If only his M5 sounded like this! then maybe i'd be a fan. And before you try to say it does sound like that, ive never once heard his car come close to making those sweet sounds. Yes i know he spent a retarded amount of money on his exhaust...but straight pipes would have been hot fire.

Edit- Does the M5 have cut outs? i thought i saw someone say something about it sounding good open or closed. Guess ive just always heard it while they're closed.

Last edited by The Nisbro; 01-16-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:42 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
How exactly is he hating? like you just stated, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I said a long time ago that i dont like the way Sam's M5 sounds. I can hear him coming up brambleton from over a mile away...and it really does sound like a moped til he passes my house.

Does this mean im "hating" on his car? No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgOhe1mDhjo&feature=related If only his M5 sounded like this! then maybe i'd be a fan. And before you try to say it does sound like that, ive never once heard his car come close to making those sweet sounds. Yes i know he spent a retarded amount of money on his exhaust...but straight pipes would have been hot fire.
Have you ever heard him romping on it? It actually sounds BETTER than that as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying it sounds good because it has an expensive exhaust on it, or because the exhausts cost more than swapped 240's...

I've heard/seen that car at 100% and it's sex on wheels.

As for hating, you both just said it sounds like a moped, and one said it sounds like "complete ass." I think that's hilarious.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:49 PM
wub wub wub wub

Which moped does this sound like, by the way? This is the same exhaust that's on his car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCtJVbJEHZg

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!