Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 10-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Old 10-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by DURHUR
[IMG]http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/JDMchristian991teg/DSC_0453.jpg[/IG]
That's low.
Now all you need is some cool wheels
Old 10-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Originally Posted by Race B&on
That's what I'd be doing, the problem would be sourcing the R154 and manual ecu without breaking the bank.
You don't need a manual ECU. And, R154 prices have been going down, i know of two that are about $400.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:33 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by pieisgude
You don't need a manual ECU. And, R154 prices have been going down, i know of two that are about $400.
I realized that after and hoped no one would notice lol If they're that cheap then that throws me into indecision again. At least I have a lot of time to think about it. Suspension ($200 install + urethane bushings), Wheels (~$800-$1000), Tires ($400), Fender and paint (????), BBK ($1500), Interior (????), Power (????) is the depth chart right now.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:50 PM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

I realized that after and hoped no one would notice lol If they're that cheap then that throws me into indecision again. At least I have a lot of time to think about it. Suspension ($200 install + urethane bushings), Wheels (~$800-$1000), Tires ($400), Fender and paint (????), BBK ($1500), Interior (????), Power (????) is the depth chart right now.
Most r154's are high mileage and have had hard lives. I'd budget in a marlin crawler rebuild in the future.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:09 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Give me a shout when you're ready for paint.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:11 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
Give me a shout when you're ready for paint.
Sure thing, it'll be mostly touch up stuff on the fenders (tire rub sucks ) and hatch. What I really need is a new upholsterer though, had a local place do my headliner and the fit and finish is horrendous, he broke off part of the "oh shit" handle (didn't even tell me), various small plastic coverings are missing, he never reconnected one of the interior lights, and whatever backing shit he used is so thick the headliner feels spongy. Not gonna make a big deal about it because it was a cheap job and some time in the coming year I'll be replacing all the things he fucked up anyway, he just lost any future business from me. At least I found out that the local shops are shit now and not in 6 months when I'll be putting like 7+ yards of Alcantara in. (Planning on wrapping EVERYTHING )
Old 10-11-2011, 03:43 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Sure thing, it'll be mostly touch up stuff on the fenders (tire rub sucks ) and hatch. What I really need is a new upholsterer though, had a local place do my headliner and the fit and finish is horrendous, he broke off part of the "oh shit" handle (didn't even tell me), various small plastic coverings are missing, he never reconnected one of the interior lights, and whatever backing shit he used is so thick the headliner feels spongy. Not gonna make a big deal about it because it was a cheap job and some time in the coming year I'll be replacing all the things he fucked up anyway, he just lost any future business from me. At least I found out that the local shops are shit now and not in 6 months when I'll be putting like 7+ yards of Alcantara in. (Planning on wrapping EVERYTHING )
You need to do the headliner yourself.It's really easy,and no worries about shitty labor.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:55 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Head liners are super easy.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:32 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by TNGChris
You need to do the headliner yourself.It's really easy,and no worries about shitty labor.
Originally Posted by TongWoo
Head liners are super easy.
With school I just didn't want to dick around with putting it up, also a drain plug was disconnected and rain would drain directly into the interior so I wanted him to deal with that little mess. This next time I'll at least do the headliner myself, but when I want to get the stuff wrapped I'll let someone else do that, I don't trust myself with three things: paint, electrical, and upholstery.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!