Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Official Beware Of This Shop Thread - Western

Old 04-05-2012, 02:49 AM
2doors plus 2.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors
Default Official Beware Of This Shop Thread - Western

This thread is for people that have had a bad or unfair dealing with a local shop. This is being created for the reason so no one has to go to a shop where others have been ripped off. I would prefer that no one posts unless they have personally been to a shop that has given them a bad experience. The only exceptions to this are a highly detailed story of what happened and why others should be weary of that shop.

Business Name:
Full Street Address(Street, City, State, Zip):
Business Phone Number:
Short Description of Services:
Optional Website Address:

What your bad experience was:

Please no posts unless you are listing a shop, or discussing what happened in further detail.

Last edited by Yep4doors; 04-05-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:51 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K
Default Re: Official Beware Of This Shop Thread - Western

You're dumb.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:17 AM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Business Name: Dan's Garage
Full Street Address(Street, City, State, Zip): 796 Auburn Avenue, Radford, VA 24141
Short Description of Services: Automotive Repair

What your bad experience was: My 2002 Ford Taurus decided not to start one morning in Radford, not knowing of too many places in Radford to take my car this shop seemed reasonable and had a nice looking garage. They got my car and started working on it and said I needed a neutral switch to get the car running again so of course I said yes. They installed it and no change the car wouldn't start up. They next said that the chip in my key was bad and that the car wouldn't start because of that. This also requires the ECU to be reprogrammed for the the new chip. This was performed at the Duncan Ford dealership in Blacksburg. Dan's Garage then called me the next day saying that Duncan Ford said my ECU had gone bad. Unfortunately I decided to say yes believing that this would fix my car. The car came back to them saying it wasn't running right and that it needed an O2 sensor and coolant temperature sensor. After this was performed they called and said that the car was ready to drive back to Roanoke. I went to go pick it up, and the car had these problems. The vehicle wouldn't idle correctly, it had no brakes, and the temperature gauge no longer worked. I brought the car back and said this wasn't what i paid you for. The next day when I got off work I went up there and talked to Dan, he said from here on he would repair the car for free and make sure it was running right before it was ready. The shop called two days later saying that the car was ready. I drive up there get in and it is idling fine and it had brakes, but the coolant gauge still wasn't working and and the car has absolutely no power, a CEL is on and barely gets down the road. I left with the car because I was tired of them trying to fix a vehicle that they obviously didn't want to fix. I lost a good heap of money from this place and don't recommend anyone ever going there.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:18 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

There is a whole Thread dedicated to this already, no need for another.

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/vendor-reviews-57/
Old 04-05-2012, 03:27 AM
2doors plus 2.

I was trying to make a more specific western thread for everyone but either way i didn't even know that existed, thanks!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:36 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally Posted by L_U_C_K
There is a whole [strike]Thread[/strike] forum dedicated to this already, no need for another.

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/vendor-reviews-57/
FTFY.