Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

the official awd dyno thread!!! voice your opinion

Old 10-17-2007, 03:11 AM
Fanatacism

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
orrickr has disabled reputation
Default Re: the official awd dyno thread!!! voice your opinion

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
your not really going to see much better gas mileage with the stock ecu with a tune. Unless the ecu was modded to run off of open loop.

I could see slightly better mileage with diff part throttle and mid-range spool up fueling, but chances are its just running lean. Jose's car is rediculous lean with the meth, according to the tail pipe o2(can't hold too much faith...) at BRE.

And why would you say he likes a high-reading dyno? He straight up said he liked their mustang dyno. Sheesh, think before you ride their nuts, dayum.
My gas mileage, with a flash tune from dtm on stock ecu, went through the roof. It took me about a full tank to get up there and like 1/2 - 3/4 to get back. It was indeed a considerable amount and yes i run open loop 100% of the time.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:43 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by orrickr
My gas mileage, with a flash tune from dtm on stock ecu, went through the roof. It took me about a full tank to get up there and like 1/2 - 3/4 to get back. It was indeed a considerable amount and yes i run open loop 100% of the time.

sounds about right. I figured Nick had everyone running open loop.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

j's evo has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
sounds about right. I figured Nick had everyone running open loop.
only with 280 cams as i understand
Old 10-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by j's evo
only with 280 cams as i understand

why only in open loop with 280's? You can change the open loop crossover and alter the cruising fueling, to get your mileage.

280's don't affect cruising as opposed to any other camset.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:38 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Probably for idle quality is my guess. Honestly I don't see the point in doing permanant open loop on an ECU that has perfectly capable O2 feedback. If everything is set correctly the O2 feedback should get your mileage damn near as good as it's gonna get. There are other ways to fix idle quality on big cams.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:40 AM
Registered Member

kwq slvr has disabled reputation

I am running 280's and have no idle issues (except when the AC is on). Even before it got tuned during the break in I had no issues.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:47 AM
Go Team Marlboro

Originally Posted by kwq slvr
I am running 280's and have no idle issues (except when the AC is on). Even before it got tuned during the break in I had no issues.
you can alter the idle lookup and duty tables for both ac on/ac off, drive/neutral.

I've used them to make 280's idle smooth as butt, and then allowed it to be really lopy, depending on the desire of the owner.

Also the o2 feedback shoots for of course a 14.7, however the cars will do fine in the low-mid 15's, allowing for better mileage. I've run as high as 16's on my car on the interstate (AEM), and had it do ok, but it doesen't work very well around town.

All that needs to be done is to find the feedback tables and alter those values. Some on the forums are in search of them, and some have claimed to find them. However at last time I looked, no one had successfully used them for benefit.