Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

New Here

Old 04-11-2003, 07:03 PM
Rice -4- Life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YeloBlitzEclips is on a distinguished road
Default New Here

Hey all,
my names danny, first time postin here but dan and some others on here know me. i'm the one with the riceboy eclipse gst. yellow/blue pearl with blitz kit. its been in the shop for the past....forever so you prolly havent seen me around. anyways, i look forward to seein some of you around when my car finally gets out, which should be pretty soon.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:08 PM
DarkSide

SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T

sup danny, welcome to the board- bout time u made it on here
Old 04-11-2003, 07:51 PM
<^> .\ /. <^>

TrueSlide is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome aboard!! where at are you located?
Old 04-11-2003, 07:56 PM
Rice -4- Life

i've been in blacksburg since i was four....gilbert linkous elementary, blacksburg middle, blacksburg high, and now tech
Old 04-12-2003, 07:42 AM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

welcome to the board danny.
Old 04-12-2003, 01:52 PM
That thing i do!

Wagz is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome - were u having discount body do ur facia?
Old 04-13-2003, 05:46 AM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

You definately deliberately blew your BOV right in my ear last summer as I was walking past Mcbride.

What work do you have done? Obviously a BOV, sounds like the Type-S, but it was a long time ago so I cant really remember. GST right? Anything besides body work? What made you go with a body kit and bright yellow paint? I actually had asked a friend of mine if he knew what happened to you since I used to see your car just about every day on my way to the math empo. I noticed your bumper was kinda hanging, what was it in the shop for?
Old 04-13-2003, 07:58 AM
Rice -4- Life

my performance mods are pretty basic, hopefully that'll change in the near future. that BOV you heard was the poor mans upgrade...the 1G, i have an HKS SSQV coming in pretty soon tho. the body work was sort of a necessity. after parking in the commuter lot for a year and a half my car had: a sharp dent in the front fender, ripped sideskirt, broken door cap, ripped rear bumper and countless door dings and scratches. i had been the victim of so many hit and runs that it almost became routine to me. then the front bumper got messed up due to a slipping ramp so decided it was time to get the body fixed up. the urethane blitz kit costed me less than a new stock kit and i was going to have the whole car repainted anyway so i just went with yellow. i've loved the color yellow forever before it got real trendy. then one night i was comin back from the golf course and drove my car into a little drainage ditch in the middle of the lot, that knocked off my front bumper. its in the shop again now for paint rework and having the bumpers fastened better. i dropped the car off and called the guy over winter and he sounded pretty drunk or something and told me that he'd get to it soon. then i called him again like a month later and he didnt even remember me and unfortunately he'd come down with pneumonia. now its been a month and a half and he still hasnt gotten my car back to me...Wagz, its paul cook if thats who youre talking about too. i dont know why hes taking so long for pretty routine work, but hopefully it'll be out again soon. anyways, i love show cars and i love fast cars. i'vs got a lot of respect for cars that unique/clean and i've also got a lot of respect for cars that hold their own on the road. my goal with my car is to have one that looks one off from show and can run with most of the stuff out there. so if anyone really wants to hate on my body work, hate on my flashy paint, its all good, we've got different opinions, just dont hate on me as a person...at least until you get to know me, then you can hate on me if i was an ass to you~
Old 04-13-2003, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Heh, wow you totally sound different than the person I was expecting to have respond. It's cool I accept the apology, just as a DSMer we generally dont care for body kits, and i just imagined some ricer in my mind, especially when I got the good old BOV in my ear . But, you definately sound like something totally different from what I expected, I'd like to meet up sometime. Welcome to the board.
Old 04-13-2003, 10:46 PM
Rice -4- Life

thanks for the welcome 16g. yea, it definitely would be cool to meet up sometime. like most other dsmers, i can talk about my car for days with someone that can carry the conversation with me. hopefully i'll get my car back soon and we can meet up. i look forward to meeting up with many you.