Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need some help moving - free food involved

Old 03-15-2006, 08:23 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Need some help moving - free food involved

We are in the process of opening a new business. The space we are using is currently full of junk. Mostly lumber, old furniture, and stuff like that. No trash or anything like that.

We have to clean it all out of there before we can use it. We need some help moving it out. Most of it will be taken to the dump, so if there's anything you want, you can have it. We'll buy your lunch/dinner/beer/whatever. We can't afford to pay anyone to help us, but hopefully someone will feel kind-hearted and help us anyways. And we'll owe you one.

We are starting this Sunday, and going to be working the next few Sundays (rain or shine - it's indoors). Starting about 9 am and working for 4 or 5 hours or as long as anyone feels like working.

So, if there are any volunteers, please let me know. I know it's asking a lot, but, like I said, we'll owe you in return, so whenever you need some help moving or whatever, we'll be glad to help.

Oh, it's in downtown Roanoke, by the way...
Old 03-15-2006, 08:48 AM
oh noes

1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Need some help moving - free food involved

im down for helping ....not too good with downtown tho being from lynchburg lol
Old 03-15-2006, 08:50 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

My bad.. didn't read before my first post.

I'd be glad to help you C-Man. Seriously. Give me a friggin' call and let me know in advance when you want me to come by. I can help any time basically unless I'm at work M-F. PM me or text me and let me know what you guys are getting into. What kind of business are you starting now?

Last edited by VanillaThrilla; 03-15-2006 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Registered Member

Aren't you going to be.... uh.... "busy" this weekend?

This is for our glassblowing studio. If you're going to be around this weekend, we could use the help. I'll probably be down there this Saturday getting started, but we won't have the truck to haul the junk until Sunday.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:13 AM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

wish i could help you i know what its like starting out. i was gunna PM yuou last week becasue i remeber you had a glass/jewerly biz from a who owns a business thread on here. im in the process of getting this site going www.vaentrepreneurs.com so it might be sometihng you wanna check out, right now its underconstruction but its up to see. things just change as you look at it, lol might be helpful for you down the road. good luck with the new space
Old 03-15-2006, 09:22 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

D'oh. I have to work Saturday until 1.. The reason why I don't have to be "busy" or "occupied" all weekend this weekend or the following weekend is because I have to work, and they've excused me from being "busy" until the 31st.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Registered Member

Cool.

Looks now like we may not start until next weekend. The guy who is letting us borrow the truck has someone else that is using it this weekend. But, I'll call you next week and see what's going on...
Old 03-15-2006, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge

if it's not till next weekend, I may be able to help. I'll just need directions

Glass blowing, eh? I may need to buy a few thinks from you...
Old 03-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

TSIBrat has disabled reputation

I have a truck and would be willing to help out since I have this sunday and most sundays off. My truck only has a 6 foot bed, but something is better than nothing right??? Let me know I'd be more than happy to help out...
Old 03-15-2006, 03:14 PM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

Iam up for it cosmo.......rember the guy in the blue RCI shirt that came by that was me..lol...and i may be able to snag a work truck and trailer....MAYBE...pends how well i suck up....

If you want ill PM you my number so you can set up the move date...etc..

Quick Reply: Need some help moving - free food involved