Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

hmmm just ordered a FMIC for the Z!!

Old 12-03-2002, 01:07 PM
That thing i do!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wagz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hmmm just ordered a FMIC for the Z!!

check it out - should give me about another 25rhwp and allow for much cooler running turbos and quite a bit less heat soak

*thats not my Z btw-i wont have the FMIC for another 2 weeks*
Old 12-03-2002, 01:38 PM
God

Rguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Not a turbo know it all, but how would a FMIC make the turbos run much cooler? Its just going to cool the intake charge right?
Old 12-03-2002, 01:48 PM
That thing i do!

Wagz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rguy
Not a turbo know it all, but how would a FMIC make the turbos run much cooler? Its just going to cool the intake charge right?
well basically its about heat soak i mean - meant cooler air going to turbos - i read a lot of reports that show even upgraded SMICs get soaked after about 15 minutes of hard running but the same hard running w/ an FMIC you could touch it w/ ur hand - so the cooler the air going in the better the turbos react etc
Old 12-03-2002, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

He means TO the turbos, thats his question. Brian, no it wont cool the turbos, however obviously it will cool the intake charge much better than dual sidemounts. He is right, with the added surface volume there will be much less heat soaking (when the intercooler just cannot absorb any more heat, it hits an equilibrium between heat absorbtion and heat dissipation, didnt know if you knew what that meant). How do FMIC's on your car work sean? Are they simply 2 FMIC's stacked on top of each other, with dual inlets and outlets? Just curious with the v6 TT setup. Once again however I would like to add that I hate you.

O well, I'm saving my $ up right now for something bigger IMO, not bigger than your car, but bigger than the basic mod or two.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:35 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

that's an interesting picture... does that thing have dual throttle bodies or is the side i'm seeing the input?
Old 12-03-2002, 07:48 PM
God

Just about every twin turbo set up ive seen merges the two turbo pipes into one right before the throttle body, i think thats the inlet to the FMIC.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:55 PM
Smut Peddler

Cyberdemon is an unknown quantity at this point

The 2 inlets are on the intercooler, that is not the throttle body. The throttle body isn't moved because of an intercooler.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:20 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Cyberdemon
The 2 inlets are on the intercooler, that is not the throttle body. The throttle body isn't moved because of an intercooler.
that's not waht i was saying.. i was wondering if it was two pipes coming out, going to seperate throttle boddies possibly? i didn't really think that was the way it was, but it would be pretty sweet..
Old 12-03-2002, 10:07 PM
God

Curious, show me a double throttle body set up that isnt a ITB set up.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

don't z32's have 2 TB's? i guess that would make it an example of a dual TB setup that isn't ITB's...

Quick Reply: hmmm just ordered a FMIC for the Z!!