Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Hackers 2 -for the pc buffs here in western va...

Old 05-13-2004, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elementalwindx has disabled reputation
Question Hackers 2 -for the pc buffs here in western va...

This forum seems to be getting slow and I have extra time on my hands sooo...I know this is old news but I just today got to watch this movie. I believe it was never released in major movie theatres like the first hackers was. The second hackers is far less dramatic and far less flashy (sp?) than the first, but far more realistic. This movie is based on a true story that ended in raleigh/durham.

The movie is real good but it really erked me that Kevin Mitnick, the main character, does exactly (at least in the beginning) what the rich japanese character does, and I have no clue what his name was because it just made me mad thinking about him.

Kevin goes to jail, servs 4 years in prision and pays thousands of dollars in restitution and does not physically lay a hand on a single human soul. Does the same things if not better things, than the rich japanese man who does not go to jail.

Google "Mitnick, Kevin" and the first link should tell you more about it. Real crazy how the goverment works when it deals with "Hackers"

in one of his journals/writtings these two parts caught my eye the most:

"Hacker" is a term of honour and respect. It is a term that describes a skill, not an activity, in the same way that "doctor" describes a skill. It was used for decades to describe talented computer enthusiasts, people whose skill at using computers to solve technical problems and puzzles was - and is - respected and admired by others possessing similar technical skills.

The perversion of the terms resembles nothing so much as the diminishment of the term "liberal" in the United States, which once connoted people who believed in an honourable society that respects the rights of all to fair treatment, and that has been perverted to a meaning unrelated to its historical intent.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:56 PM
T3T04E

RSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hackers 2 -for the pc buffs here in western va...

Are you talking about Hackers as in the movie, with ZeroCool/CrashOverride? If so, then how'd the sequel turn Japanese? And lastly, where can I buy the video ?
Old 05-13-2004, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by iirnited
Are you talking about Hackers as in the movie, with ZeroCool/CrashOverride? If so, then how'd the sequel turn Japanese? And lastly, where can I buy the video ?
it did not turn japanese. go to suprnova.org and search for hackers 2 and download the bit torrent. I cant find it in movie rental stores i honestly think it was never ment to be released. even though someone wrote a very good book on the events.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:10 PM
T3T04E

RSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud of

Damn that site isn't working for me, the pictures don't show. Thanks a lot though, it was a very good find. I loved the first one but never knew about the 2nd.

EDIT
Which section? LOL, sorry I'm too lazy to go through everyone of them, and it's late I gotta head to bed soon.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:40 PM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Kevin Mitnick, haha, we had to read about him in my engineering fundamentals class back a few years ago .
Old 05-14-2004, 12:48 AM
Registered Member

AutoX is an unknown quantity at this point

just lookin around the site, saw a post on hacking...it's funny how kevin mitnick, bill gates, and a bunch of the other top names (in the IT world), were all a part of a group of "hackers," way back in the day... also funny how Mitnick is considered a genius...too bad his shit's been hacked check out this site... http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/interne...ker.hacked.ap/
Old 05-14-2004, 12:49 AM
Registered Member

AutoX is an unknown quantity at this point

also, if ne1 finds a copy of the hackers 2, pm me, im tryin to find that shit
Old 05-14-2004, 03:04 AM

HondaCrusher has disabled reputation

I was able to download it in divx format off kazaa a few years ago. I thought it was better than the first... then again, the asian punk scene makes me sick... soo....
Old 05-14-2004, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by AutoX
just lookin around the site, saw a post on hacking...it's funny how kevin mitnick, bill gates, and a bunch of the other top names (in the IT world), were all a part of a group of "hackers," way back in the day... also funny how Mitnick is considered a genius...too bad his shit's been hacked check out this site... http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/interne...ker.hacked.ap/
Mitnick said Monday that the hackers apparently exploited separate flaws in Internet server software from Microsoft Corp. The person responsible for the company's Web site failed to apply the repairing patches available from Microsoft, Mitnick said.

"I haven't had any time to play webmaster, but it looks like I'll have to look into it," Mitnick wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "Actually, it's quite amusing. All the hackers out there figure if they can hack Kevin Mitnick's site, they're the king of the hill."

If he's using microsoft that says it all. But then again in the movie he WAS using windows 3.1 lol. but the weird part was the prompt looked like a linux bash in some of the scenes.

and cmon guys. do you really need a DIRECT LINK to get the movie? lol....your welcome.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:15 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by iirnited
Turn Japanese? I know what happens when I turn Japanese....

Quick Reply: Hackers 2 -for the pc buffs here in western va...