Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Gun Thread (1911 Question)

Old 07-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Famous...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Gun Thread (1911 Question)

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
A friend carries the Kimber Ultra Carry II. I was considering it as my next purchase. It feels good, but I've never fired it.
Awesome gun.

Originally Posted by TNGChris
you need to.i'm still amazed every time i shoot Rob's Kimber.i've never shot any other .45 that has as little recoil and muzzle lift as that gun.with my .45,you basically have to re-aim after every shot.with the Kimber,you can practically unload once on target,with very little or no correction needed.my .380 isn't as easy to shoot.
Chris
Yep. Kimber's are known for this.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Nada

str8jakett will become famous soon enough

Like I said before, I just held the Kimber at RF and went in my pants. I haven't shot one, but you can tell it's sex in a handgun. Plus, it's just damn pretty.

We need a range day it looks like. I know there was talk of one before but I don't know if it ever happened. Bring those Kimber owners! I'd like to shoot an XD too. I hear so much good stuff about them, I just don't like the look of them personally. But then again I never liked revolvers either and I'm changing my whole position on that.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:08 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by str8jakett
Like I said before, I just held the Kimber at RF and went in my pants. I haven't shot one, but you can tell it's sex in a handgun. Plus, it's just damn pretty.

We need a range day it looks like. I know there was talk of one before but I don't know if it ever happened. Bring those Kimber owners! I'd like to shoot an XD too. I hear so much good stuff about them, I just don't like the look of them personally. But then again I never liked revolvers either and I'm changing my whole position on that.
Remind me not to touch that particular Kimber... You know, after you put it in your pants.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Nada

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Remind me not to touch that particular Kimber... You know, after you put it in your pants.
Damn skippy, I was marking my territory. Now I just sit back and wait till those guys have to keep dropping the price because it won't sell.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:33 AM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road

I carry a HIGH STANDARD .45 cal 1911 it was cheap It feild strips just like the rest of the models and can get the job done a little over 300 bucks. I have shot 500 rounds or more out of mine and no problems yet. Its all in the namebrand when it comes to what you want
the only difference is that I orderd the punisher grips for mine from ebay.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Nada

God I love the 1911 style. Where do you carry yours Turblowedneon?

Does anyone know of a good site to buy grips for the 1911 that also carries them for the smaller models? I need something thinner, even though I really like the Hogues.

Also, what do you guys think of Ebays new policy to no longer allow the sale of anything that contributes to the firing of a gun (slides, magazines, etc.)? Gunbroker.com should see a major boost I suppose.

Edit: Picked up a set of factory Colt diamond checkered wrap around grips today. Black with a silver medallion. They are fucking hot.

Last edited by str8jakett; 08-04-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Po' Pimp

99GTVert is an unknown quantity at this point

I've always liked the Colt Commander. Not familiar w/ the Defender series though. 1911 frame is a bad ass gun, and one i want to own one day along with a .357 revolver.

Ive been carrying a Ruger P89 DA/DC for last 8 years. Usually on hip or small of back. It's pretty hard to conceal on my fah tass. I use a Fobus holster so i feel really safe putting it just about anywhere outside the pants. Getting used to that holster took a little work though.

TNGChris, we gotta go shoot sometime maybe PSS one day?

Also, not to thread-jack, but someone PM if they have an ultra concealable piece they wanna sell. Looking for like a Kel-Tec maybe, but anything btw .22 thru .38 No BS brands though.

Last edited by 99GTVert; 08-04-2007 at 12:45 PM. Reason: cant spell. dee-di-dee.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Nada

Originally Posted by 99GTVert
I've always liked the Colt Commander. Not familiar w/ the Defender series though. 1911 frame is a bad ass gun, and one i want to own one day along with a .357 revolver.
Defender with new grips:

A little smaller than the Commander size, much more concealable. I absolutely love it, you should buy one!
Old 08-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Po' Pimp

99GTVert is an unknown quantity at this point

Dam. pics blocked at work, but I'll check it out when I get home. We should definately try to organize a range day. I'm in. Also, anyone here shoot sporting clays? I was gonna say "skeet" but I'm sure you'd all just run away with that one....
Old 08-04-2007, 01:12 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

That's gorgeous!