Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Good place to get a windshield?

Old 04-04-2011, 04:48 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Good place to get a windshield?

Like pretty much every other Jeep out there, mine has a crack in the windshield. I guess before long I'll need to get it replaced. Where's a good place to get it done?
Old 04-04-2011, 05:18 AM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Good place to get a windshield?

Like i said in the other thread,i will always suggest and back safelite.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:41 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Call Mike at Glass America. 362-3650. Dude did a PPG windshield installed with a new seal for $200 on my 240. Super inexpensive, but quality.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:42 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I got mine done at Danny's Glass on Melrose for like $205 after tax, and I'm pleased. I don't know much about glass, but they did a good job and it looked like I didn't even have a windshield when I first got in there. They were quick, and to the point.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

Ended up calling insurance to see what our deductible was and they said windshields were covered. So, I got it fixed no charge, and they came to work and did it there.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:21 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Ended up calling insurance to see what our deductible was and they said windshields were covered. So, I got it fixed no charge, and they came to work and did it there.
Who's your insurance co? I used to have glass coverage, but I'm with Progressive now and they include glass as a comprehensive coverage, so I have a $500 comp. deductible. I called insurance to find out about getting it, and the lady tried to convince me to make a $500 claim to get my windshield replaced. I would have punched her in the ovaries! LOL!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:47 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Who's your insurance co? I used to have glass coverage, but I'm with Progressive now and they include glass as a comprehensive coverage, so I have a $500 comp. deductible. I called insurance to find out about getting it, and the lady tried to convince me to make a $500 claim to get my windshield replaced. I would have punched her in the ovaries! LOL!
You'd have to pay $500 to get the window fixed and your insurance would go up. Why the fuck did she even ask you?
Old 04-09-2011, 02:21 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by ryanherington
You'd have to pay $500 to get the window fixed and your insurance would go up. Why the fuck did she even ask you?
I can only imagine my face when she was talking to me. I probably just had a blank stare, blinking, like... "really, lady??? REALLY?" Unbelievable. I wish I had separate glass coverage that wasn't part of comprehensive but it's not the end of the world.

I asked her why in the world I would pay $500 when I could have it replaced for around $200 or maybe less, and ultimately she responded by asking if I wanted her to go ahead and get the paperwork started and get me scheduled at a glass shop or have someone come to me.

Last edited by VanillaThrilla; 04-09-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
We're with State Farm. We have a $250 deductible. I don't think we have any special coverage or anything. I believe they include the windshield coverage in their basic policy.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:35 PM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

State farm is the shit.

Quick Reply: Good place to get a windshield?