Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

God damnit, Cox Cable!!!

Old 08-12-2007, 02:05 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default God damnit, Cox Cable!!!

For those of you in the area who have Cox cable, are you experiencing regular fuck ups lately too? Just recently, the picture will jump around, go to snow, freeze, etc. It happens on all of the tv's in the house, with and without cable boxes, and it's happening at a friends house on the other side of town. If you're experiencing this problem too, have you said anything to them? There's no good excuse for it as far as I'm concerned. You'll be sitting there watching a movie and the screen and sound will freeze for extended periods of time. They need to issue a partial refund or discount on future services, or fix their shit immediately.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: God damnit, Cox Cable!!!

funny you mention that.i'm trying to watch the motocross race right now,and the sound is freezing.
this has seemed to happen more lately,and our internet service has has several interuptions,and has seemed to get slower overall too.i haven't complained yet.
when i lived with a couple of my friends a few years ago,we went several days with partial or no cable service.the service wasn't in my name,so i didn't talk to them myself,but my roommate called and complained,and i think they credited us several days service.still not enough IMO-what's a few bucks credited when i didn't have the service i'm paying for?a refund for double the time we had no service seems more in order,i think.i mean,when you pay your bill late or have your service disconected,you pay extra fees-why shouldn't they when they drop the ball?
Chris
Old 08-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

I hate cox. They are a bunch of nazi's here in virginia beach and they know they can get away with anything because they are the only cable co. in the area.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:43 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by jebsurf
I hate cox. They are a bunch of nazi's here in virginia beach and they know they can get away with anything because they are the only cable co. in the area.
Yes, because capitalism was a cornerstone of the Third Reich along with ethnic cleansing
Old 08-12-2007, 06:39 PM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

It's called an sun outtage....dont worry its happing to dish and other cable companys to....

Here is an more in depth reason why

http://www.triadtwcable.com/custserv/suneffects.htm
Old 08-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

MVaughn is on a distinguished road

The wife said the picture was out earlier this evening. I think cox has great service. This is the first time in three years. Try adelphia and you will be thankful you have cox.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:08 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000
It's called an sun outtage....dont worry its happing to dish and other cable companys to....

LMAO @ "nothing we can do" and "wait patiently"

Fuck that. If it's a problem cable companies are aware of, they should come up with something to resolve the situation. If it means technology needs to evolve, so be it!

I've heard of sun outages before, but after all the years of having Cox digital cable, I've never experienced these problems up until recently. How are you supposed to accept that there's nothing they can do, and sit patiently waiting for it to pass? Earlier when I started this post, every channel I flipped to was frozen in a frame. It stayed that way from the time I got up off of my ass and came to post it, and it was that way when I got in the shower (and out of the shower), and it was like that when I walked out the door.

What are you supposed to do when you're watching something that isn't going to re-run? Just miss it and get over it? Are most of you guys fine with that as a solution? Not me... It's an expensive service as it is. I don't need it, but if I'm going to pay for it, I want it at 100%.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:09 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by MVaughn
The wife said the picture was out earlier this evening. I think cox has great service. This is the first time in three years. Try adelphia and you will be thankful you have cox.
That's what I'm upset about. It's been great before... I never really had any major complaints about the TV service until recently, when it started happening more and more often, at the most inconvenient times.. all throughout the day.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:53 AM
EtHuGn' N dA NoKe!!!

IntegraXSi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000

I have had no issues with my DISH in the last few days. However the one TV I still have COX on I was trying to watch last night and it was freezing. Times like these I'm glad I rock a antenna on my TV ATSC FTW!!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Registered Member

MVaughn is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
That's what I'm upset about. It's been great before... I never really had any major complaints about the TV service until recently, when it started happening more and more often, at the most inconvenient times.. all throughout the day.
You need to quit watching so much tv and come biking with me and cosmo.