Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Garage///serious

Old 03-31-2003, 01:53 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blazeomar is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Garage///serious

ok guys, i am typing this in a hurry, i was just contacted with teh guy who owns the garage, he is willing to give it to the car club of virginia tech becuase he believes we are more serious adn commited, i need a show that oyu guys really want it as an addition
OK?
this will be open to radford and VT people, by that i dont only mean students...ok
so who wants a garage with a lift, and a dual stage air compressor, heated for winter time ... the guy is willing to keep his name on teh lease, he just want a club that is more serious about cars and helping out

i was thinking we can always open up and have a dontation thing for working on cars, that way students dont get jipped on car parts or labor

Post back if good or bad idea
Old 03-31-2003, 02:06 PM
God

Rguy is an unknown quantity at this point

So what do we need to do? Of course thats a good idea! There wont be a soul on this board who would say no.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:36 PM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

yeah thats a good idea. Youd have to talk to Corey about the intergration of the Garage into CCVT. I know in the past, hes tried to his hardest to keep CCVT independent from The Garage, but perhaps a joint conglomerate would favor both parties. i think it was the "cost" of joining the Garage that kept people away and maybe if u offered CCVT members a discount or something advantageous in being a member, that would be a good idea.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:35 PM

MAX93 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats a good idea... BTW how do you join the car club of VT
Old 04-01-2003, 01:49 PM
standing strong

antiheroVT is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah same thing he said ...
Old 04-01-2003, 02:05 PM
VIP Boost

rhombus is an unknown quantity at this point

Normally you just show up to the meeting and pay the dues ($5 a semester). But if you cant wait, you can join before the next meeting. Just e-mail carclub@vt.edu.

Eric
Old 04-01-2003, 02:12 PM

MAX93 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks...when is the next meeting
wiley... when we goin down ironto, fool
Old 04-01-2003, 03:00 PM
Registered Member

Blazeomar is an unknown quantity at this point

well the guy that has the lease wants to take the current club (the garage) out of there and give it to CCVT to take over
its 1600$$ that is a shit load of money
Old 04-01-2003, 04:52 PM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

So, we'd pay 1600/month and he'd still own it? F that.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:54 PM
Drive it like a bus!

Viperenvy is an unknown quantity at this point

The reason why in the past and current we kept ourselves distant from the garage "car" club is simple. One, I had several people not join or delay joining cause they thought that was our club out there. Second, that garage "car" club that we see in there most of the time is either some band practicing or what not. I see nothing car about the garage club and never understood why it was in their name. It causes confusion for no reason and simply should be the garage club. Also $1,600 a month is a JOKE. I wonder why no one stayed in the club that long, so hard to figure out (sarcasm here). Paying $25 to $40 a month in dues isn't worth it no matter what. If the owner is interested in doing something or what not he needs to contact me via carclub@vt.edu or through anyone on here who knows me personally. For those wondering the CCVT currently has over 80 paid members and a following of active alumni of around 20. We expect to easily be over 100 by the car show and sustain that number in early fall. If your interested I suggest you come by the Car Show preview in front of Squires on Friday from 10 am to 3pm.

Quick Reply: Garage///serious