Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Forced Induction...an intelligent debate

Old 03-17-2004, 04:27 PM
blingin cracka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster
Default Re: Forced Induction...an intelligent debate

Originally Posted by callmecobra96
shit man, youde be alright on the stock bottum end
it wasnt all right when i had the 125 shot on it!

and over 400 at the wheels is playing with fire with a stock shortblock. hell, 2003gt, his car was completely stock, except it had a procharger on it. broke a piston with 3k miles on it.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:48 PM
Doin' it

IthinkI1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I only read just a bit of this thread...but i saw something mentioned about the blower whine not being preferable. Personally i like it, wait a minute...i love it. I cant wait till my car is a whiner. BUT, i will admit, i would like to get another foxbody and make a turbo car out of it.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:58 PM
blingin cracka

KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster

Originally Posted by IthinkI1
I only read just a bit of this thread...but i saw something mentioned about the blower whine not being preferable. Personally i like it, wait a minute...i love it. I cant wait till my car is a whiner. BUT, i will admit, i would like to get another foxbody and make a turbo car out of it.
yeah i ordered the SQ (superquiet) cause i wanted my car to be a sleeper. well, my SQ is not quiet at all....and since i put the skinnies/fatties on it, its not a sleeper anymore! but i do enjoy the nice whistle...pimp
Old 03-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Black&Blown01GT
only 435. stock heads and intake
sounds like someone else i know that had a cobra and recently sold it..

(before the intercooler, etc)
Old 03-17-2004, 05:21 PM
blingin cracka

Originally Posted by GaRn
sounds like someone else i know that had a cobra and recently sold it..

(before the intercooler, etc)
i just need 2 more valves per cyl and 2 more cams per bank....
Old 03-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

bah u can still make all the power you need hehe
Old 03-17-2004, 06:01 PM
Biding time

montman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these parts

yeah i ordered the SQ (superquiet) cause i wanted my car to be a sleeper. well, my SQ is not quiet at all........
haha, like you said, the SQ's I have heard (including yours) are pretty noticable.

Like B&B said, stock shortblock is crap. Plenty of cars on the modular forums have cracked pistons, lost rods, etc on anywhere from 350-450HP. Can happen at anytime..... It's all in the tune, and even then you are on somewhat borrowed time.

Last edited by montman; 03-17-2004 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:03 PM
blingin cracka

Originally Posted by GaRn
bah u can still make all the power you need hehe
i dont have the money to make the power i need....which is about 50 or so more
Old 03-17-2004, 06:54 PM
Registered Member

FRCE PWR has disabled reputation

only 435. stock heads and intake

So, you have a 2V GT with stock heads and intake (meaning no port work) and you made 435 to the wheels on a dyno? How much boost was this with?

Steve
Old 03-18-2004, 11:54 AM
blingin cracka

Originally Posted by FRCE PWR
So, you have a 2V GT with stock heads and intake (meaning no port work) and you made 435 to the wheels on a dyno? How much boost was this with?

Steve
yes, that is correct. the heads are 100% stock and so is the intake. well i have that little upper plenum thing (+7 hp @ the wheels).

this was with 15lbs of boost (no intercooler) with a s-trim, 3.48 pulley and power pipe.

also, those are the corrected (SAE) numbers. ive seen as much as 444 on a cool day with 1 more degree of timing, but if the weather warms up, or the motor gets hot, it spark knocks, so we backed the timing back down a degree.

Last edited by KungFuHamster; 03-18-2004 at 12:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Forced Induction...an intelligent debate