Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Discovered a new definition of RICE....

Old 08-18-2003, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Discovered a new definition of RICE....

Well, my own interpretation, but hear me out....

RICE- people who spend a lot of money on cars (either buying expensive ones, or buying cheap ones and spending a lot fixing them up) and then go do the drag strip, and LEAVE IT PARKED ALL NIGHT!

We went to Natural Bridge Friday, and there were at least a dozen cars there that looked really nice, and should have been able to run decent times. There were at least 3 VR6 VW's. A turbo Integra. Plus plenty of Civics whose owners obviously thought they were fast. None of them ever went on the track! Why come down there, talk about how fast your car is (some even had decals/license plates that said it) and not try to prove it? So what if your car only runs 10's in the 1/8? At least try to get faster. That's why you're at the track, right?

Nobody ran good that night anyways. Best I could muster was a 9.10, which is HORRIBLE! Only running 13 pounds of boost, too. Should be 16.5. Exhaust leak + wrong map = low boost.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:50 AM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

hmm, i dont like the definition. maybe they just didnt want to race, maybe they didnt have gas money? i dunno, i see what ur saying cause i agree that its dumb to not race a fast car. but thats not rice.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

To me it is. When people stand around saying how fast their car is (not to mention they paid the same $15 to race that we did), and then they don't race, I think it is rice. Maybe not "rice". Maybe that's not the best word. Maybe "poser". But I haven't used that word since way back when I used to skateboard....
Old 08-18-2003, 04:59 PM
Bootlegg

Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate

Originally posted by Cosmo
To me it is. When people stand around saying how fast their car is (not to mention they paid the same $15 to race that we did), and then they don't race, I think it is rice. Maybe not "rice". Maybe that's not the best word. Maybe "poser". But I haven't used that word since way back when I used to skateboard....
Could you possibly be hating cuz some of those cars might have been faster then yours and you felt like they were bragging by thinking they had nothing to prove, therefore they didn't race?
Old 08-18-2003, 06:57 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

no..they REALLY were posers
Old 08-18-2003, 06:59 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

i was in a bad mood, i manages a 9.88 best all night.....but..i was back to stock. grrr....but its all good.

damn..cosmo used to skate? wow.....
Old 08-18-2003, 09:01 PM
Registered Member

ShishCoBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Rice is simply when someone adds a part to a car and claims it makes it faster when it doesn't or something that doesn't have taste (see altezza).
Old 08-18-2003, 09:58 PM
KA powered S14

019 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by fc735
i was in a bad mood, i manages a 9.88 best all night.....but..i was back to stock. grrr....but its all good.

damn..cosmo used to skate? wow.....
you got your car back joey?
Old 08-18-2003, 10:12 PM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

I can agree with you on the basis of your definition. But not everybody at the track who has a car has to run their car. Honda-s2000 is right, there are alot of What if's that can hinder a person from running their car.

But...it does piss me off when people say they run this/that and dont have a timeslip to prove it. and then act like their car is really that fast.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:21 AM

wikdSTi is an unknown quantity at this point

I think everybodys definition of rice is different. I agree with the part about buying something that you think will make your car go faster in all honestly it just makes it uglier. Also one key part of being a rice boy is #1 putting stickers on your car like APC and your driving an import. #2 is putting stickers on your car saying its a type r even though its just a regular integra. I love the civic type r's in roanokr considering that there not even in the states.