Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Caught speeding and i'm freaking out!

Old 05-05-2004, 12:05 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hayashi is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Caught speeding and i'm freaking out!

Yea i'm sorry but i never got a speeding violation before and i was going pretty fast.... i got caught for 87 in a 65 going to JMU on interstate 81..... cop was under a bridge on the shoulder.. at the woodstock exit. I expected him to be in the median.... he pulled a tricky one......I got pulled by a state trooper.. what can i expect on court.. my court date is june 22.... anyone got any input... i'm 18 years old.. turning 19 in july...

argg. i always take pics

Some one tell me whats the worse they can do.. and whats the least they will do... and what they probley will do... my driving record is pretty much clean.. parking tickets.. and one ticket for drifting...and this one ticket back in 2002 for illegal u turn but cop never showed up to trial so i dunno if its on my record... oh and a few exhaust tickets.. argg!
I'm freaking out.. people are telling me my liscense could and probley is going to get suspended i can't have my liscense suspended !!!! My life revolves around driving! i'm freaking out guys!

i also got a ticket for my exhaust.. i am going to put my stock one back on once i get a chance! ajsdjdlakjdaljls help!
Old 05-05-2004, 01:49 AM

VT_453 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Caught speeding and i'm freaking out!

Ticket say regular speeding or is it reckless driving?
Old 05-05-2004, 02:31 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

thats the kicker......cause anything over 80 is technically a wreckless.....

all depends on trooper though. should be able to get school since its your first offense.....
Old 05-05-2004, 02:46 AM
old&slo

Nearing is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Caught speeding and i'm freaking out!

You could have it taken.

Get a lawyer, proably get it down to improper driving unless you were a smartass to the cop.

Will save you money in the long run.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:15 AM

If it is written as reckless, I wouldnt be a bit suprised if you lost your license for at least 90 days, thats the price you pay for speeding...... You could get a restricted license during this period, but only could drive to and from work or school, and if your caught at another time, you totally lose your license and it would probably be for a much longer period.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:20 AM
bring ding ding ding

Choodle has disabled reputation

I disagree. I think that since it is your first offense, you'll have to take driver improvement and maybe a little community service. But I don't think they will suspend it. The second time you get a wreckless they probably will suspend it.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:42 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

20 over is wreckless, as is 80 mph. So, yeah, you may be in for it.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:42 AM
RAWR!%!#%!#

bensrex is an unknown quantity at this point

It all depends on the judge. I was caught doing 88 in a 65 on I-66 (off of 81).. and it was my first offense. I payed a pretty hefty fine ($180 including court fee) , and then sentenced to driver improvement clinic. Once I completed the clinic, it was lowered to a 79 in a 65 which is just speeding. I did not waste my money on a lawyer. Good luck with it.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Choodle
I disagree. I think that since it is your first offense, you'll have to take driver improvement and maybe a little community service. But I don't think they will suspend it. The second time you get a wreckless they probably will suspend it.

It was not his first offense, a ticket for "drifting", illegal u-turn, and equipment violations were admitted to. I say at least call a lawyer if its reckless, if its not, go to court and dont prepay, because your already on the officer's good side.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:13 AM

stirpicult is on a distinguished road

if he hasnt been to driving school since he turned 18, he should ask for driving school. i got caught doing 75 in a 45 about 5 years ago. i went in to court without a lawyer, didnt mouth off or anything, and got driving school. ask for it.

Quick Reply: Caught speeding and i'm freaking out!