Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Black mustang

Old 04-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Black mustang

Aight, I remember him coming on the boards, and hell I even talked to him like 2 years ago at the Tech car show when we had the dyno, but who is the guy with the Black 99ish stang that is supercharged? I couldnt for the life of me remember who he was, but that thing has the loudest god damn blower Ive ever heard. I was out waxing my gf's car today and he drove by, first time I've seen the car in like a year, and it was stupid loud.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:28 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Black mustang

BOSSTON?
i think his name was chris.

P1SC, with FMIC. very nice setup, i think last time it dyno'd was 425ish?

he was talking about putting the bottle back on it too, but i dont know how that went (i dont see him anymore since i aint in bburg)
Old 04-06-2005, 06:48 AM
Registered Member

Thats it? By the way it sounded I would have thought it was alot more powerful, I mean that thing was honestly retardedly loud. The blower was equivalent in sound to a big v8 with open headers in sound level.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:55 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

different one then, cause the P1SC he had on there was quiet as fuck. i thought he left this semester though

was that on the tag? he may have changed SC's, cause from what i recall, he's got the jack.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

V8BRICK is an unknown quantity at this point

he's got a bypass gate that is loud as fuck, and from what I remember, the supercharger is pretty loud on his car too, not sure if he changed it up or not. The car just sounds awesome though in my opinion.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Registered Member

ericlws66 is on a distinguished road

Didnt rhombus race another supercharged gt at the car show last fall? or maybe back in spring? Im pretty sure it wasnt Boston, but I could be wrong.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Banned

91 white tsi is an unknown quantity at this point

BOSSTON is the plate and the blower is loud. he had a quite blower so he bought a second one that was louder and sold the other one. He had nitrous before the blower, dont think he will put it back on since it was detuned due to the stock bottom end being not the best. Its loud as sin but sounds nice and the RFL i think is the blowoff/bypass he is running . His real name is Chris and he is still in Blacksburg. Lives off of New kent road/Ellet area

Last edited by 91 white tsi; 04-06-2005 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:42 PM

BOSSTON is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to chime in and say hello, i usually watch these forums but dont post much (at all). I was positive I recognized that red eclipse last wednesday on 460, but didnt recognize the plates. Did you get new plates this year? The blower is actually pretty quiet compared to a Vortech V1 or even V2, but the blowoff (TurboXS RFL) is what makes all of the noise. The car does have longtubes on it, which makes it pretty loud when on the throttle but quiet at idle. I havent figured out how to bypass the blowoff valve at idle or part throttle, I might have to run a blowoff/bypass combo system. Its so loud because the blower has to be venting off all of the time unless I am building boost (to prevent excess boost from backing up at the impeller). Sorry about venting a little bit in your window when we were a tthe light there, I think the look on peoples face is funny sometimes, they look like I just popped a tire or something It is especially fun with unsuspecting soccer moms or frat boys in wranglers, Ive made people drop their cell phones on more than one occassion, heh
Old 04-06-2005, 01:59 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by BOSSTON
Just wanted to chime in and say hello, i usually watch these forums but dont post much (at all). I was positive I recognized that red eclipse last wednesday on 460, but didnt recognize the plates. Did you get new plates this year? The blower is actually pretty quiet compared to a Vortech V1 or even V2, but the blowoff (TurboXS RFL) is what makes all of the noise. The car does have longtubes on it, which makes it pretty loud when on the throttle but quiet at idle. I havent figured out how to bypass the blowoff valve at idle or part throttle, I might have to run a blowoff/bypass combo system. Its so loud because the blower has to be venting off all of the time unless I am building boost (to prevent excess boost from backing up at the impeller). Sorry about venting a little bit in your window when we were a tthe light there, I think the look on peoples face is funny sometimes, they look like I just popped a tire or something It is especially fun with unsuspecting soccer moms or frat boys in wranglers, Ive made people drop their cell phones on more than one occassion, heh
When where and how can I see this car in person?
Old 04-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

I dont think I was on 460 yesterday, if I was its pretty hard to miss me, I'm pretty much the only 97 Bodied GSX with a giant FMIC. I was actually at the exon carwash with my gf washing and waxing her camry, when you pulled into the turning lane and I recognized the car, even though you had what appeared to be a different front end. I dont see how you can say it isnt that loud The whine from that thing was rediculous, and after a quick .5 second blip of the throttle the BOV was pretty apparent too. Can you confirm Joey's 425rwhp statement? Or is it more? Personally it sounded like more bite than just 425, but Ive never been a big v8 guy, so it could be 100whp but sound beastly.

Ah, sorry I just read it now, so you're actually venting at all times unless its heavy throttle? That would definately explain the loud sounds I heard for sure. Yea my liscense plate is 4N MUSCL now, you might have seen me a few days ago on 460, as I definately was out there. I wasnt at any light with you though. Believe me I know how the venting in people's ears thing goes, my BOV vents out my front bumper, I made an indian dude nearly shit his pants as I wound out second and flew by him after he got in my way. I love the look of sheer terror on thier faces . You should come out to the dragway this friday at Radford, its free .

Quick Reply: Black mustang