Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Bi-Weekly Western Meets 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:06 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: Bi-Weekly Western Meets 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month.

I'd need a different adapter
Old 08-30-2010, 02:54 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Yea, as far as I know anyways... As far as oil feed goes, I got my d16 oil feed line into the factory 16g oil line... That should work fine I believe...

I'm not very familiar with the 16g,not sure if the stock line or the turbo itself has a stepdown in the orifice to lower pressure/volume.Maybe Ben knwos?......If it doesn't a restrictor may be the easy answer.I've installed them on several Hondas that smoked and it fixed the issue.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:43 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by TNGChris
I'm not very familiar with the 16g,not sure if the stock line or the turbo itself has a stepdown in the orifice to lower pressure/volume.Maybe Ben knwos?......If it doesn't a restrictor may be the easy answer.I've installed them on several Hondas that smoked and it fixed the issue.
Well, like I said, its pouring a good bit out of the exhaust housing and smoking like hell... the oil line w/ male/male adapter is pretty small and limits the flow a good bit... I do need to fix my oil drain... It looks kinda kinked, Advance sucks...

But to answer BSeriesTurbo's question, no I can't use the rebuild kit...
Old 08-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

No restrictor that I'm aware. The orifice(if your gonna run a restrictor) should only be like .6 or .060...can't remember which but its pretty small. Most turbo honda oil problems are the return line being insufficient size, kinked, or too much crankcase pressure. Most all turbo's should be just fine with the pressures.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
No restrictor that I'm aware. The orifice(if your gonna run a restrictor) should only be like .6 or .060...can't remember which but its pretty small. Most turbo honda oil problems are the return line being insufficient size, kinked, or too much crankcase pressure. Most all turbo's should be just fine with the pressures.
I believe it's .060"-0.065 for journal bearing,and 0.035" for BB.When I first ran into this issue,I contacted Garrett(I had a brand new turbo from them that was leaking past the seals),and their specs on oil delivery was something like a max of 45psi,and the volume was really low also.A -3 or -4 line at the 80-100psi you'll get off the pressure sending unit bung is a lot of oil.
All of the times I've encountered this,the drain was sufficient size and working correctly,although that could certainly play a part in it,no doubt.Unless the turbo was just completely worn out,the restrictor fixed the issue.........It's really odd-many times they've work just fine without it,but for whatever reason sometimes even a brand new turbo won't take the pressure.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by TNGChris
I believe it's .060"-0.065 for journal bearing,and 0.035" for BB.When I first ran into this issue,I contacted Garrett(I had a brand new turbo from them that was leaking past the seals),and their specs on oil delivery was something like a max of 45psi,and the volume was really low also.A -3 or -4 line at the 80-100psi you'll get off the pressure sending unit bung is a lot of oil.
All of the times I've encountered this,the drain was sufficient size and working correctly,although that could certainly play a part in it,no doubt.Unless the turbo was just completely worn out,the restrictor fixed the issue.........It's really odd-many times they've work just fine without it,but for whatever reason sometimes even a brand new turbo won't take the pressure.
Thanks for the specs, glad to know I was at least in some kinda ballpark, ha. Crankcase pressure can have something to do with it. Might not be the turbo but maybe the setup. Weaker engine or improper crank pressure control can cause pressure in the return line and make it difficult to flow properly. Hell on the FP turbo we put on a friends evo they wanted the oil source straight from the filter housing. 80-100psi on tap with a -4an line to the thing...

I usually run a -3an and have a well setup drain(and vent system depending on boost levels) and they work fine, unless like you said worn out.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Yea my return line don't look the best but that will be fixed tomorrow... The inlet and outlet on the turbo are factory oil lines...
Old 08-31-2010, 10:24 PM
Registered member

mondyva has disabled reputation

fuck yeah i'm only 40 mins away, i'm down if i can ever get a set of fucking coil overs, my shits riding like some shit
Old 09-01-2010, 08:32 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

well both Erik and I will be unable to attend this weekend but nothing that you guys cant come out.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:24 PM
EMPIRE

ShortStackSoJDM has disabled reputation

wont be here for this one. ill be in va beach. wish me luck that my car doesn't get carried away in a flood. *fist pump* for flood damage

Quick Reply: Bi-Weekly Western Meets 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month.