Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Best place in western for rock chip repair

Old 01-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster
Default Best place in western for rock chip repair

Are there any good places around here that can repair rock chips well without having to entirely repaint the part in question?

I'm guessing I'll end up having to repaint the whole front bumper, but there are rock chips along the side from where the previous owner ran wheels with the tires sticking out too much. I would prefer not having to get all four doors repainted. That big of an area would probably be noticeable as having been painted at a different time than the surrounding body panels not to mention being fairly expensive.

So, any suggestions/experience?
Old 01-13-2012, 03:15 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: Best place in western for rock chip repair

Colors On Parade does great work with dent removal,but I wasn't too impressed with their paint chip repair.It was no different than what you'd do yourself with dabbing touch-up paint on the chip.
I really don't know that there's any process that would turn out really well.There's a system that has ads in the back of many auto magazines that consists of basically blobbing paint into the chip,then wetsanding it smooth once it dries.I don't think that would work too well either,but I don't have any experience with it.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Registered member

RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster

Yeah, I've seen people suggest the wet sand method on forums, but I was hoping to find some place that's experienced in rock chip repair. I could probably do it, but then again I don't want to completely fuck it up and have to repaint the whole thing.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Needs A 240sx

SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg

Hiiii Billy Mays here for Simoniz Fix It Pro Pen. Do you have rock chips or unsightly scratches on your superhellaflush ride that you wish were gone. Well fret no more because I have a device that can rid you of all those problems. For four easy payments of $39.99 you can rest easy.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Billy Mays is dead.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:18 PM
Registered member

Just an update. There's a local guy in Harrisonburg called Chris Scott who I was recommended to by a detailer. I'll take some before and after pictures when I get him to fix the chips.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Registered Member

c0mputer has disabled reputation

Advantix in Mt Crawford does great work. So does Curb Appeal in Harrisonburg. I'd check em both out and get estimates, but they both do excellent work.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Registered member

Got Curb Appeal in Harrisonburg to repaint the front bumper and hood to get rid of the nasty rock chips. They did an excellent job matching the paint.

Name:  c7akl.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  289.2 KB
Name:  Q1xgl.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  165.8 KB
Name:  kM445.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  171.9 KB
Old 07-15-2012, 06:35 AM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

How much?
Old 07-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

I'd forgotten about this thread.
Last week we had a customer with a crease about 20" long and probably 1/2' deep(no paint damage.Something had pushed the bedside in)on the bedside of their truck.Colors On Parade came by to fix it,which I thought was a joke,considering how bad the damage was.After a couple hours,they had completely worked the dent out,and you absolutely COULD NOT tell anything ever happened.Completely amazing.Highly recommended.

Quick Reply: Best place in western for rock chip repair