Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Best gun shop in Roanoke or surrounding area?

Old 09-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ntinhri has a spectacular aura aboutntinhri has a spectacular aura about
Default Best gun shop in Roanoke or surrounding area?

Im in the market for a semi auto pistol. I really am unsure what I want (leaning towards 45) I want it as a back up in the woods hunting and home protection. Ive never owned a pistol and want to speak to someone who has some knowledge. I will more than likly make a purchase from them so Im looking for a decent deal as well. I will be filing for my concealed weapons permit tomorrow. any input is appreciated.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Nada

str8jakett will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Best gun shop in Roanoke or surrounding area?

Whitetail Outfitters in Riner (Christiansburg) always gets my vote, but you do have Trader Jerrys and Roanoke Firearms in Salem and Roanoke respectively. I have bought from them but I usually go to Darrell at Whitetail first.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:26 AM
Registered Member

ntinhri has a spectacular aura aboutntinhri has a spectacular aura about

cool, Ill drive done to c-burg to checkem out thanks!
Old 09-02-2010, 05:46 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Go to Roanoke Firearms and talk to my friend Adam (not the same Adam that posts on here - I'd hate to think of him with a gun...).

He really knows his guns. He has a big gun collection and builds his own guns as well.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:43 AM
Vatican Assassin

MissmyE30 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Go to Roanoke Firearms and talk to my friend Adam (not the same Adam that posts on here - I'd hate to think of him with a gun...).

He really knows his guns. He has a big gun collection and builds his own guns as well.
+1. good knowledgeable guys. I think they're pretty big into the VCDL too..but they can help you decide what's best for you
Old 09-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Whitetail gets my vote as well for bein great people and having good prices. Just need to go in there knowing what you want as most of them are hunters and not neccesarily handgun people. Darrel is a really good guy though and will take care of you.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

I may have to ride down and check them out... I'm in the market for a shotgun...
Old 09-02-2010, 10:22 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
I may have to ride down and check them out... I'm in the market for a shotgun...
I have a Remington 870 and love it and my roommate has a Mossberg 500. Both fantastic firearms.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

D1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Browning BPS High Cap is my recommendation. Shot 870s, 500s and I just prefer the BPS and the bottom eject is great.

As far as guns go I'd recommend buying off Gunbroker then having the dealer you buy from do a FFL transfer to somewhere like Trader Jerry's who charges 25$.

Most of the dealers around here have increased prices quite a bit due to a perceived influx in gun buying. The influx was there during the first part of Obama and the elections but has subsided quite a bit. Unfortunately that dying out has not dropped the prices around here.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

I'm not in the market for something expensive... lol

Quick Reply: Best gun shop in Roanoke or surrounding area?