Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any WRX mechanics/shops near VT,Radford,Roanoake???

Old 09-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Not So Slow WRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BoostPSI has disabled reputation
Exclamation Any WRX mechanics/shops near VT,Radford,Roanoake???

Need a good reliable mechanic to do vf34 turbo and sti 565cc injector install. I'm in Radford but anywhere in SWVA would be fine.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:56 PM
RAWR!%!#%!#

bensrex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any WRX mechanics/shops near VT,Radford,Roanoake???

What color is your WRX? I've seen a blue one around a lot.. looks pretty stock. I know there is me, and T-WREXX, but the only other I've seen is blue.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Not So Slow WRX

Hey Ben,

Its Dan (T-WREXX), changed my name up from nasioc. I just got an awesome deal on a vf34, sti injectors, and a walbaro and i'm trying to have at least the injectors installed for me. I'm pretty confident i could take care of the turbo no problem but the injectors are a bitch.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:40 PM
God

Rguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BoostPSI
Hey Ben,

Its Dan (T-WREXX), changed my name up from nasioc. I just got an awesome deal on a vf34, sti injectors, and a walbaro and i'm trying to have at least the injectors installed for me. I'm pretty confident i could take care of the turbo no problem but the injectors are a bitch.
Is T-Wrexx your license plate too? Silver WRX?
Old 09-05-2004, 04:48 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

what form of management you gonna run?

IC?

what downpipe and uppipe you have on it now?

not that i have done any WRX's....
Old 09-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Not So Slow WRX

Already running AccessECU via AccessPort. Don't need to run a larger IC on it with the map i'll be using. Turbo is a direct replacement. Bolts directly to bellmouth DP and Helix up-pipe.

Originally Posted by fc735
what form of management you gonna run?

IC?

what downpipe and uppipe you have on it now?

not that i have done any WRX's....
Old 09-05-2004, 05:31 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

low boost i assume...

i have had issues running a 34 with boost over 15psi on the stock IC.

and yes...i know it fits on as a stock replacement..... three bolts on teh uppipe, five on the downpipe, banjo bolt on the oil line, two clamps for the coolant line, one clamp on the oil return, one bolt holding the oil line to the compressor housing. (it doesnt go back...no threaded hole on the new compressor housing...on any VF series turbos)

the injectors get to be fun....the green bracket of death sucks balls...but i have done a set in a parking lot in the winter in a little over an hour

God i love my Perrin rails though...can change a full set of inj. in about 20 minutes.

teh pump is a little fun (for a fat guy such as myself at least ) wagons are great, cause the access panel is easy to get to...but sedans i have issues fitting my fat ass in the back to change, but still not bad at all. done four stage 4 installs so far....and that is in the last year.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:59 PM
Not So Slow WRX

Yea i think i'll be boosting around 16.5 - 17 lbs (hopefully). I've heard good things about the accessport vf34 maps. I'd be more then happy to pay you to help me do the install if your up for it.

Originally Posted by fc735
low boost i assume...

i have had issues running a 34 with boost over 15psi on the stock IC.

and yes...i know it fits on as a stock replacement..... three bolts on teh uppipe, five on the downpipe, banjo bolt on the oil line, two clamps for the coolant line, one clamp on the oil return, one bolt holding the oil line to the compressor housing. (it doesnt go back...no threaded hole on the new compressor housing...on any VF series turbos)

the injectors get to be fun....the green bracket of death sucks balls...but i have done a set in a parking lot in the winter in a little over an hour

God i love my Perrin rails though...can change a full set of inj. in about 20 minutes.

teh pump is a little fun (for a fat guy such as myself at least ) wagons are great, cause the access panel is easy to get to...but sedans i have issues fitting my fat ass in the back to change, but still not bad at all. done four stage 4 installs so far....and that is in the last year.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:19 PM
RAWR!%!#%!#

bensrex is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh hey whats up Dan. I was going to say fc735 seems to know what he's doing when it comes to the subaru's. Nice wagon by the way if I haven't told you already. I don't know of anyone else that works on wrx's around here. I know a guy that uses his gas station near my house to work on his STi that offered to do work for me - but I'm guessing that wouldn't help much. Good luck with the install.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:06 PM
'bout time

VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BoostPSI
Yea i think i'll be boosting around 16.5 - 17 lbs (hopefully). I've heard good things about the accessport vf34 maps. I'd be more then happy to pay you to help me do the install if your up for it.
sumbitch people pay mechanics???? wow what a concept

sorry...nothing against you at all BoostPSI...

Quick Reply: Any WRX mechanics/shops near VT,Radford,Roanoake???