Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

any local retailer around here sell prothane or energy susp motor mounts?

Old 05-24-2008, 05:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brooksto has disabled reputation
Default any local retailer around here sell prothane or energy susp motor mounts?

Im looking for a local retailer, shop, person that sells prothane or energy suspension motor mounts for 96-00 civic. Within say 3 hours of roanoke. Any ideas?
Old 05-24-2008, 08:00 AM
Registered Member

jdawgs92ludesi has disabled reputation
Default Re: any local retailer around here sell prothane or energy susp motor mounts?

thier websites should list any dealers.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: any local retailer around here sell prothane or energy susp motor mounts?

I actually think that advance can order enery suspension stuff. But doubt they would stock anything
Old 05-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Ebay,Jegs,Summitt are your friend.there may be some shops around NoVa,but not a lot of choices down here.i believe Advance Auto carries them too.
Chris
Old 05-24-2008, 01:30 PM

yeah I had checked their websites, nothing listed in all of va from prothane, and energy doesnt seem to list dealers on their site. I really just wanted the prothanes anyway. I ordered some prothanes from jegs but that was 10 days ago and they still havent shipped, they say they are backordered. Had I known that up front I would have ordered from somewhere else. I just wanted to get them done this weekend while I have the manifold off to make it easier to access the rear one.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:05 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by brooksto
yeah I had checked their websites, nothing listed in all of va from prothane, and energy doesnt seem to list dealers on their site. I really just wanted the prothanes anyway. I ordered some prothanes from jegs but that was 10 days ago and they still havent shipped, they say they are backordered. Had I known that up front I would have ordered from somewhere else. I just wanted to get them done this weekend while I have the manifold off to make it easier to access the rear one.
yeah,definitely leave the manifold off or at least the manifold brace(then you could at least get the car running so you could drive it)as it makes it way easier to do the rear mount.
have you tried Pro-Line?at one time a few years ago when Kenny was trying to get into the import stuff i think they carried some inserts.also,i think that i've seen some in stock either at Advance or Auto Zone.if they don't have them in stock,i think Advance can get them pretty quickly-maybe next day.
also,i may have a rear insert that i'm not using at the shop.i'll check today.that way you could at least get the rear done and get the car back together until the set comes in.you may find you're happy with just the rear mount anyway.it eliminates a lot of movement without adding much vibration.the front inserts just seem to add a lot of vibration more than anything.
Chris
Old 05-25-2008, 06:06 AM

I checked at advance and autozone, they didnt have the energy ones in stock but could order in 3 days or so. I was really looking for the prothanes though as I heard they were harder. Yeah if you could look for a rear one Id appreciate it, lmk thanks.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by brooksto
I checked at advance and autozone, they didnt have the energy ones in stock but could order in 3 days or so. I was really looking for the prothanes though as I heard they were harder. Yeah if you could look for a rear one Id appreciate it, lmk thanks.
i couldn't find one,sorry.
i've used both brands,and there's very little difference.there may be a small difference in the durometer of the urethane,but i can't tell a difference in the driver's seat.with either brand it's the same results.
Chris
Old 05-25-2008, 01:44 PM

ok np thanks for looking. I decided to hold off on the IM swap till I get some inserts in.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:27 AM
FTW

GuNnErgOd is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're still looking for these I can pick you up a set from Pep Boys in Richmond. I am from Roanoke but currently live in Richmond and coming back into town this weekened. LMK

Quick Reply: any local retailer around here sell prothane or energy susp motor mounts?