Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

VaSpeed - Professional shop that does quality work and tuning...

Old 09-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Thumbs up VaSpeed - Professional shop that does quality work and tuning...

Virginia Speed
www.virginiaspeed.com
(757) 468-5101

Had Ed tune my Z06 a couple of weeks ago. A few years back he tuned my cam'd Z06 and did a great job when other semi-local tuners dropped the ball. My current Z06 is basically stock with almost 120k miles on it, yet Ed was still able to muster 361 rwhp all with a very safe road racing tune with a 12.5:1 AFR all the way to redline. No drag racing super lean tune or any dyno tricks.

I will say that VaSpeed's prices are getting a bit higher vs. what they used to be, but they are in line with other local shops providing the same services and using an outside tuner results in having to pay the tuner, then having to pay the shop for dyno time which typiclly nets out the same.

I previous had VaSpeed put the 3.89 gears in the Panoz and they replaced my stock differential in my 2003 C5 vert with a RPM 3.90 unit. Both times the work was completed on time, on budget, and no re-work needed.

~ Brian
Old 09-09-2010, 11:07 AM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich
Default Re: VaSpeed - Professional shop that does quality work and tuning...

I wish I could say the same about my experience. I won't be going back.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:17 AM
nothin2tucknstillTDB

shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed

I've never had a negative experience there. So I went back...a lot. But I was strictly retail.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by Rich
I wish I could say the same about my experience. I won't be going back.
Depends on when you had work done... they had some staffing issues a bit ago where their customer service and work quality suffered. So much that Ed made a large appology post on a few forums. Since then they've focused more on front end operations and customer service.

But I'm like you in that I only give one chance.... you screw it up and no more business for you.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:50 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

I've had nothing but good experiences there so far from just buying parts. I am going to be getting my car tuned up there....very shortly, so I'll post up how that goes afterwards.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Cock chugginton

Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost

Ed and i go way back. He is the only person I would ever trust to tune my camaro and has always been helpfull in my build. For the most part Va Speed is A ok but sometimes theres a few people there that urk me.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:06 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Ed is pretty much the only reason I go up there.

oh, and the monster machine they have in there.

oh and shannon is awesome with customer service.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Registered member

ferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond repute

whats a tune usually ballpark for? just curious
Old 09-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Fanboi

Va Speed charges $450 now for basic cars, $550 for head/cam cars, and $700 for blown, juiced, radical cars from what I remember. Since Ed should have your tune on file you should get reduced rates for any udpates.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:08 AM
Cock chugginton

Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Va Speed charges $450 now for basic cars, $550 for head/cam cars, and $700 for blown, juiced, radical cars from what I remember. Since Ed should have your tune on file you should get reduced rates for any udpates.
Yea bout that tune on file... Still costing me $700 and has tuned/tweaked my car numerous times.

Quick Reply: VaSpeed - Professional shop that does quality work and tuning...