Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

Richmond Ford

Old 03-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
markell27 has disabled reputation
Thumbs down Richmond Ford

Since my wife got pregnant in late 2010 she has been wanting a bigger car. She had her mind set on a Ford Escape. In January 2012, I found a good deal at Richmond Ford for a used 2010 Escape. They were very willing to allow my wife to test drive the car for a day. She decided the she liked the car. The only thing holding up the purchase was our trade in value. At first they low balled the value which was no big deal. We were ready to walk so they said to keep the Escape for another day so they could have one of their outside buyers come and appraise the car. Three days later they still didn't have any new numbers. I requested we were going to go ahead and exchange the cars back, being uncomfortable having their car for 4 days now.

Of course, this made them finally come up with a number that made it closer, so we met the salesman on a Friday night. A couple hours later we struck a deal, requiring they would detail the inside of the car which was pretty dirty, repair a couple paint scratches and fix a torn storage pocket on the backside of the passenger seat. When I requested they keep the car until all work was done, they suggested to keep the Escape and they would pick the car up from my wife's work and complete it before she got off that day. Sounded too good to be true...

Sure enough the salesman picked up the car from my wife's work the following Thursday. When she got the car back that afternoon the car had only been sprayed off. The upholstery guy didn't show up to work. The scratches weren't touched up. Nor was the inside wasn't any cleaner. In fact, a CD case remained in the center console that was covered in gooey soda residue, as well as the cup holders. Though the salesman stated he would call next week to reschedule that didn't happen.

My wife called two weeks later to setup a new appointment. The salesman called on Wednesday to say it was scheduled for tomorrow at 3:00 p.m. This time no one would pick-up her car. Since my wife is a teacher and picks up our son from daycare this didn't work for her. She cancelled and asked have another appointment created. Two weeks later, without a phone call from Richmond Ford, my wife was pretty upset. I called the sales manager to discuss our troubles with getting the car fixed. The sales manager was pretty rude and informed me that the only note on the sales order was to fix the seat. I requested that we drop off the car that evening and they needed to provide us a loaner car. She told me that wasn't possible. She stated the salesman would call me to schedule another appointment and we'd have to wait while it was fixed.

This time he called on Thursday and left a voicemail that she had to be there that afternoon at 3:00 p.m. Somehow she got the message while her kids were at lunch. She had plans after school, but got everything changed so she could leave early, pick-up our son and get her car fixed, finally!!! She called Richmond Ford on the way there, when she was informed the upholstery guy had left early....

At this point she and I were beyond frustrated. She called me crying on the phone. I knew at this point I was done trying to work with this dealer. I called the salesman and told him how horrible their service and communication were. I made sure he knew my wife wished she had never bought the car from them. He apologized and then said for me to come by to pick-up some touch-up paint that he had bought with his own money. Obviously, this poor excuse for a salesman lied to us, that the dealership would fix the scratches. He felt bad enough to buy touch-up paint. I told him we'd never return.

Six weeks later the car was in no better condition from the time I first saw it on the lot. No matter the price, it wasn't worth doing business with a company I don't respect. At most it was 4 hours worth of work to make us completely satisfied. I hope this isn't the case for others that have purchased from Richmond Ford, but should you be in the market for a new or used car there is no way I'd recommend them. Especially when Sheehy, Whitten and Priority understand how important service is to building loyalty.

Updated 7/20/12 at the bottom of page 1

Last edited by markell27; 07-20-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: update
Old 03-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: Richmond Ford

Wow that is a crappy deal. Personally I would not have taken the car home until they fixed it no matter what.

Who did you speak to and who was your salesman? Also have you dealt with Mike Serpico the General Manager? Personally, I would call him and let him know what has happened and that you have offered your purchase experience on a local automotive forum where people view before making purchases. In addition you are filling out a review here http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Ri...-review-11505/
Old 03-26-2012, 10:35 AM
In TATTRAT we trust

BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE

I would threaten then with a call to NBC12 on your side about the service.

Blast them on the internet; Dealerrater, Google Places, Facebook, etc. Badmouthing them in an open forum will get results.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:00 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

You should not have waited so long, if you would have brought the car back within 10 days, you can return the car for a full refund.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:04 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

stopped reading at "Ford Escape"
Old 03-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Wow that is a crappy deal. Personally I would not have taken the car home until they fixed it no matter what.

Who did you speak to and who was your salesman? Also have you dealt with Mike Serpico the General Manager? Personally, I would call him and let him know what has happened and that you have offered your purchase experience on a local automotive forum where people view before making purchases. In addition you are filling out a review here http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Ri...-review-11505/
Just submitted my review on this website. Thanks for the link. I plan on sending a manager my review as well.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

I work for a competitive auto group in the RIC area. Richmond Ford is notorious for shady shit. Any promises always need to be put in writing, as once the customer leaves; my word and theirs is good for nothing to the managers. Going around the sales manager is the EASIEST and best way. Once it comes to a GM's attention, it just gets taken care of, and that is that. Sales Managers hate it, but it is the only way to get anything done in a timely manner.

And they have to provide you with a loaner if they told you to take the car and bring it back for work needed.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Yeah, let Mike Serpico who is the GM know and see what he is willing to do.

Know they do NOT have to giver you a loaner vehicle. Now if they offered it to you or they said they would, then that is great. Nothing states they are required to give you a loaner vehicle for those repairs that they agreed upon.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

I sent Mike an e-mail two nights ago. I'll let you guys know if he responds.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

Whatever happened with your situation?

Quick Reply: Richmond Ford