Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

New Image Tinting (Harpersville road/NN)

Old 08-14-2010, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FitLuhver FitLuhver FitLuhver FitLuhver FitLuhver FitLuhver
Default New Image Tinting (Harpersville road/NN)

Just got my Fit tinted and ill keep this short but overall service was amazing. Im very particular on things like this and i was VERY satisfied with Lane's work. So if you ever want to put tint on your car i highly recommend NewImage!!!
Old 08-16-2010, 03:58 PM
needs more money

ScttyDsntKnw ScttyDsntKnw ScttyDsntKnw ScttyDsntKnw ScttyDsntKnw ScttyDsntKnw ScttyDsntKnw ScttyDsntKnw ScttyDsntKnw ScttyDsntKnw ScttyDsntKnw
Default Re: New Image Tinting (Harpersville road/NN)

Just got my windows tinted today and Lane did an excellent job. Could not have been happier with the price and the location of the shop. Only had to drive down Harpersville from my house to get there. I will post some pictures when I get the time to shoot some and put them up here for all to see!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Registered Member

cantdrive55 has disabled reputation

It seems like not everyone is so happy with this place...I found this posting on the local craigslist, while looking around for a place to tint my car. Same as this forum. It seemed like it fits this thread. It is copy and pasted due to it being around 30 days old. The original posting is here while it is still up: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/bfs/1862116551.html

I hope this guy finally got it all sorted out, he didn't leave a follow-up that I can find.

** DO NOT USE NEW IMAGE TINTING ** - $160 (NEWPORT NEWS, VA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-07-25, 11:20AM EDT
Reply to: sale-ubxej-1862116551@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy is a huge scam and his work is terrible, if he even finishes. He said it would only take one and a half hours to complete my car, two hours later, he comes out and says i ran out of tint. I have been back over 10 times over the last three weeks for him to finish it. I make appointments and show up, and he isn't their. Now he won't even answer my phone calls. He also lost one of my smart keys (which cost $250, and $100 to have it installed), and then told me to move my car off his lot until he could get to it!!! Right now, three weeks from the beginning, I'm out $160 ($150 to tint and another $10 to thoroughly clean my windows) , a $350 car key, and a half tinted (and what is tinted has bubbles in it) car. I also paid upfront and in cash, being as ignorant as I am I did, and he didn't even give me a receipt (probably so he won't have to file it in his taxes). I will say that on the last day when he finally did complete the job, i asked for a receipt and he gave me one without a problem. I paid $410 for a terrible tint job.
Here's a timeline
6/9/2010: Son, David, paid $160 cash (at owner’s request) to have windows tinted in Toyota Prius. Was not given a receipt. New Image had difficulty doing the back window and ran out of tint. Asked that car be brought back to complete.
6/11/2010: Called in am and told that New Image staff was in Gloucester but would return shortly after lunch and they would call to have car brought down to complete work. No call back.
6/16/2010: Car dropped at shop mid-morning. Several calls made to check on progress. Phone was not answered after 3:00. Went down at 5:30 and worker stated job had been completed. When got home discovered the window had not been tinted.
6/17/2010: Car dropped in am. Told by worker to leave key in car and they would call when job complete. Several voice messages left requesting call back re: status of car. Never received a call. Left car at business for the night.
6/18/2010: Called in am and informed car would be done that day. Called and checked several times and assured car would be done. At 7:30pm called again and was informed they did not know where the key was. It was then that it was discovered that the car had been left unlocked with the key in the car since 6/17. Told they would call in 30-minutes when car was done. No call received. Tried to call x2 at ~8:00 pm. At 9:30pm went down and found car in parking lot, unlocked with no key, window not tinted. Texted owner with concern that car was not locked, no key, and not tinted.
6/19/10: Owner texted that he did not have key. Called to find out that key that had been left in cup holder was no longer there. Asked owner to check with staff as hopefully someone had taken the key out of the car and locked it when they left the shop on Thursday evening. He was adamant they did not have key and as far as I know has not checked with anyone. 2nd key in Florida. Replacement key would cost ~$250.
6/21/2010: Key arrived in mail from Florida. Called owner to ask if he had checked with staff and response was “no one would take that key out of the car.” I guess it is usual practice to leave key in car overnight in unlocked parking lot! Made arrangements for son, Matthew, to take key and wait for tinting in am of 6/22/2010.
6/22/2010: Son arrived 11:15. Owner gone to “marina.” Arranged again to meet at 3:30. Matthew arrived at 3:20 only to receive call that owner would be about an hour late. Told I would bring car back at 5:00. Asked by owner to call first. I called at 4:50 to confirm I was on the way and received no answer. Left 4 contact numbers to call use to resolve this. No return call.
6/23/2010: New Image did not return call.
6/24/2010: Called and sent e-mail at ~9:00. Request completed work and refund of money. No response until David called at 5:00pm using his grandmother’s phone as it appears New Image is screening calls from our phones (i.e. let’s all our calls go to voicemail). Arranged to meet owner at 5:00 tomorrow to complete work.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Old 08-27-2010, 03:17 PM

FitLuhver FitLuhver FitLuhver FitLuhver FitLuhver FitLuhver

damn that sucks, i had one lil line in my tint so my fiance talked to lane no problem and lane said he'd fix it right away.... but im still happy bout every thing
Old 08-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

New Image VA has disabled reputation

I saw that posting on craigslist and contacted the individual that posted it.
The so called "timeline" of events was a flat out lie!
We do our best to take care of each and every one of our customers,
no matter what it takes!
I will be the first to tell you that sometimes, very rarely, but sometimes things to
happen in the process of tinting that need to be fixed, or in some cases redone.
Any professional window Tinter that tells you anything different isn't being completely
honest and upfront with you.
We stand behind our service 100% and will continue to do so for each and every customer!
I think our feedback on this site speaks for itself!
Old 08-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

New Image VA has disabled reputation

Now that I look back at member that posted that on here, cantdrive55.
Seems a little fishy to me. This individual joins vadriven, and posted that crap on our
review thread, makes no other posts, or has any activity on this site.....
Hmmm I wonder the motive behind that......