Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

NEW IMAGE in hampton sucks and are a bunch of idiots

Old 02-13-2013, 08:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED
Default NEW IMAGE in hampton sucks and are a bunch of idiots

So back on december 18th i contact them about purchasing a V160 getrag 6speed for my supra. We texted about it and multiple times in the texts i said "GETRAG V160 SUPRA 6SP TRANNY" so there would be no confusion. We agreed on the price and i paid via paypal plus a little extra to "expedite" the shipping to have it imported from japan within 30 days as opposed to waiting 3 months they say. He said usually on the expedited shipping it comes in about 20 days but they tell customers 30 days just in case something happens. Anyways, the 30 day mark comes around and here it was Jan 18. I contact them because i havent heard a thing. They ignore me for 3 days then i text saying if i dont hear back from him soon i will be contacting police. He immediatly texts back and claims "sorry my phone was lost and i just found it". Okay so i ask is my tranny here? he says let me check ill call you soon. He never calls so i text him again, he says its going to be at the shop first thing in the morning and i can pick it up. I go the next day after work to pick it up and it is a W58 5 speed. I do not know if he was hoping i was an idiot and would take it anyways thinking its a v160 but i noticed right off the back. It doesnt even look like a GETRAG nore does it say toyota or getrag on the side. I went through the gears in front of him and said how can you mix this up its not even a 6 speed. He then gets on the phone to make a phone call and claims they sent the wrong tranny and my 6 speed is at his other warehouse and since i spent $50 in gas coming out there he would give me that $50 back and deliver the transmission to my house the next day around 7pm. (his way of getting me to leave with no problem) I also made him verify with whoever he was on the phone with at the time that the transmission at his "other" warehouse was a 6 speed and sayid getrag on one side and toyota on the other. He said that is does. 7pm the next day comes around and i dont hear a word. I try contacting him and he ignores me once again. Finally around 10pm he texts me and says sorry, the 6 speed they have isnt the one your looking for but i can order another one and i will have it here within 20-30 days and wont charge you shipping since it was my fault. I ended up contacting paypal and just getting my money back and i still never got my $50 back he said he would give me for wasting my gas that day.

Cliff notes:
Order transmission
Pay extra for faster shipping
Wait over 30 days to get the wrong transmission
Owner doesnt hold up his end of the deal at all.

If you are looking to have them import anything for you i would think twice. If you buy anything from them make sure you see the part in person before giving them money. These guys are a bunch of idiots.

/Rant
Old 02-13-2013, 08:03 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout
Default Re: NEW IMAGE in hampton sucks and are a bunch of idiots

So you made a considerable purchase via text message and were surprised when the deal went south?

Who'da thunk it?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Banned

STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED

we had spoken on the phone as well when i first contacted him about it. plus i paid paypal so i knew if something were to happen i would get my money back. im just pissed i waited over a month for nothing. All im saying is if anyone is considering purchasing anything from them i wouldnt give them money until you see the part in person and not trust his word on importing anything for you.. Im not sure why your trying to give me shit for putting up my bad experiance. isnt that what this part of the forums is for...
Old 02-13-2013, 10:03 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by STAY TUNED
we had spoken on the phone as well when i first contacted him about it. plus i paid paypal so i knew if something were to happen i would get my money back. im just pissed i waited over a month for nothing. All im saying is if anyone is considering purchasing anything from them i wouldnt give them money until you see the part in person and not trust his word on importing anything for you.. Im not sure why your trying to give me shit for putting up my bad experiance. isnt that what this part of the forums is for...
I think what he's saying is that you're fucking dumb for using texts.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:04 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Prolly nobody will read it due to your lack of familiarity with paragraphs.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Banned

how is using texts dumb... i spoke to him on the phone first as stated. Atleast by having texts i have something showing he said he would do something rather than my word against his
Old 02-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Company have a website? I can't find anything.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:09 AM
MARK IT ZERO

how is using texts dumb... i spoke to him on the phone first as stated. Atleast by having texts i have something showing he said he would do something rather than my word against his
I mean, if it's a legitimate business and not Craigslist, texting is a rather unorthodox way of communicating with customers.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Banned

just giving yall a heads up not to do business with them. Good luck im done here.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

miata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these parts
Default NEW IMAGE in hampton sucks and are a bunch of idiots

Thanx for the heads up obviously you were just warning others to help them not how you got in contact with the people

Quick Reply: NEW IMAGE in hampton sucks and are a bunch of idiots