Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

Chaser Aeromotive= bad bad BAD

Old 06-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Project P Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbofc3s turbofc3s turbofc3s turbofc3s
Default Chaser Aeromotive= bad bad BAD

Sorry that this may be drawn about, but i promise its a good story

On 30 May 2011 I drove from my home in Norfolk, VA to Chaser's place in Edgewood, MD (500 mile round trip) to purchase some body pieces (rear bumper and side skirts) for my AE86. The sales person (Joe) had taken care of me very well over the phone the past few weeks answering all my questions and such. I came in, got what i wanted, headed home after my business in the area was complete and had a smooth transaction.

I go to install the pieces the day after arriving home to find that they do not fit, AT ALL. Now with aftermarket stuff (especially the knock off stuff Chaser carries) you expect it to not fit exactly right, but I'm talking MULTIPLE INCHES off. Slightly pissed, i put my old stuff back on (no small task on an AE86 in 95 degree mucky weather mind you) and call chaser the following day after reviewing my invoice and reading the return policy. First of all they make sure that I know that i have to personally bring them back to receive the refund (since I paid in cash, which is understandable) and that I only have 10 business days to do so (again, understandable) but then they want me to go back out and remove my original bumpers (which of course requires me to reinstall them afterwards as well) and mock up the ones I bought from them, and take pics to prove they dont fit? of course i tell them that this is a ridiculous request and refused, saying that it shouldnt matter regardless, the items are BRAND NEW (only having purchased them a few short days before) and unmodified and I hope to god they arent going to try to hit me with the 25% "cancellation fee" that the invoice mentions they have the right to charge. Joe assures me, it will be fine and I head up there at the earliest possible date (7 June 2011).

Here's where things get really funny. When I get there, they have pulled another set of skirts off of the shelf to compare to the ones that I purchased to i guess verify that im not lying about them not fitting (which is crazy anyways. i mean who in their right mind would drive over 1000 miles and 20 hours (yep thats what 2 trips added up to) because they changed their minds?? no, i only came back a second time because there was no feasible way to make them fit besides spending more on the items than what i paid for them in the first place).

well what do you know! i wasnt lying, the reason they didnt fit is because THEY SOLD ME THE WRONG ONES. after realizing that they had somehow pulled the wrong ones the first time, they offer me an exchange, which i kindly denied, desiring only my money back. To be quite honest, the whole experience had put a bad taste in my mouth. i mean whos to say that these ones wouldnt be off as well? i mean yea they *looked* better, but hell the first ones were supposed to be right too! and on top of it, i really didnt like the way i was treated when i wanted to bring back items that didnt fit (gee imagine that!). upon hearing my refusal, the "office manager" Kayla informs me that they must charge me a 25% restocking fee. they charged me a restocking fee for returning an item that didnt fit because the sold me the wrong one? WTMFF??! (for those of you who dont get it, that means What The Mother F**king F**k??!) She said its because they have the right ones in stock and theyre offering an exchange....i nicely tried to explain to her that i have now made two 500 mile round trips and really just dont wanna deal with them any longer and her only response was that i signed the invoice agreeing to their right to charge me said fee. yea, i did sign that, but you know what, i also wasnt expecting to get sold the wrong s**t and have to make an extra friggin 10 hour trip there. being on a time crunch, i took the money minus the restocking fee, took a business card and left.

since then, i have tried contacting their owner "daniel" (or at least thats what they say his name is) but apparently he doesnt exist. I get transferred to his office, no one picks up, and his voicemail box is full. I ask for another contact number and no one has it. I ask when he comes in and im told he may not be in for a week and a half at a time?! again, WTMMF? I have friends that own their own businesses and ALL of their employees know how to reach them if something goes wrong, and they go into THEIR business EVERYDAY (because well, lets see.....if they own it, that means that ultimately they have to deal with any and all profit/loss and therefore have....whats the word....oh yea, A VESTED INTEREST in the day to day running of their company). I am currently still trying to contact "daniel".

so do yourself a favor....if you are thinking of dealing with these clowns, DONT. dont give these shysters any of your money. cuz believe me, now that i have gone back a read crap about them, im not the first to have problems with chaser.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered member

jorge1190 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Chaser Aeromotive= bad bad BAD

You are about the only person who I've heard have a bad experience. Ive met Joe in person and he is a really cool guy. Maybe try contacting him again and seeing how he can help you out.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:24 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Sounds like an honest mistake. You know what's good for shoulder pain? ...If you lick my butthole.

Last edited by TongWoo; 06-10-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Registered Member

Kami has disabled reputation

chaser is shit. they make nothing but crappy products that never fit right. you get what you paid for.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:08 AM
Project P Member

Originally Posted by jorge1190
You are about the only person who I've heard have a bad experience. Ive met Joe in person and he is a really cool guy. Maybe try contacting him again and seeing how he can help you out.
if im the first then you havent read much on them. check out some other forums and youll see that 80% of their feedback is negative. joe does seem like a cool guy (obviously i met him in person too) and i understand HE doesnt have the authority to really do anything. and no, he cant help me out (or wont?). as ive said, ive already tried getting this straight with them.

Last edited by turbofc3s; 06-12-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:10 AM
Project P Member

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Sounds like an honest mistake. You know what's good for shoulder pain? ...If you lick my butthole.
haha. ok, i can see how pulling the wrong crap is an honest mistake. thats not the issue. but they admitted that they were wrong and still made ME pay for their mistake. btw, nice stepbrothers reference, so i will counter with "ARE YOU F**KING HIGH??!"
Old 06-12-2011, 05:11 AM
Project P Member

Originally Posted by Kami
chaser is shit. they make nothing but crappy products that never fit right. you get what you paid for.
youre absolutely right. im not even mad about the product anymore. im mad about their shitty customer service.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:29 AM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

so whats the problems?

what kit where you after?
Old 06-12-2011, 06:19 AM
Project P Member

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
so whats the problems?

what kit where you after?
the problem is that i was sold the wrong kit, was hassled about returning it the whole time, I had to make an extra trip up there and when i didnt wanna exchange it (for reasons mentioned in my original post) they refused to give me a full refund.

bottom line is that there was REALLY s**tty customer service. its not even about the money they kept of mine for a mistake THEY caused, or the extra 90 bucks it caused me in gas money, or the extra 500 miles and 10 hours i had to drive (altho that really pisses me off too). no its about the s**tty customer service they provided.

i was originally after the vertex kit for an ae86 corolla

Last edited by turbofc3s; 06-12-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:40 AM
Brofecta

ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX

Like you said, most of the reviews I read for Chaser were negative. It's weird I read a lot of stuff saying they sold the wrong kit - how hard is it to make sure the right kit goes out??

Quick Reply: Chaser Aeromotive= bad bad BAD